Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super long shot but does anyone have a drivers side cardinal sport seat?
    C6Z
    S2K
    VeloN

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
      Palo Alto has a park in the hills that you have to present a driver's license that says "Palo Alto" on it to get in; its solely for the residents of Palo Alto.
      Foothill Park! It's a nice park. Douches aplenty.

Comment

Foothill Park is awesome! They only ever have a guard at the gate on the weekends, weekdays you can access it no problem.
        2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
        1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
        1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Guys.... the tag under my name ;)

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
            Foothill Park is awesome! They only ever have a guard at the gate on the weekends, weekdays you can access it no problem.
            Good to know... E30 meet at foot hill park anyone?
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

I can officially make bad decisions legally!
              C6Z
              S2K
              VeloN

Comment

I feel like you've already been doing that :P
                past:
                1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                1985 323i baur
                current:
                1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                  I feel like you've already been doing that :P
                  Not legally
                  C6Z
                  S2K
                  VeloN

Comment

Happy birthday Carson!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      Happy birthday Carson!
                      Theenks dawg!
                      C6Z
                      S2K
                      VeloN

Comment

Happy birthday Carson!

I like cool cars.
                        I hate working on cars.
                        I can't afford high end shops that live up to my standards to maintain such cool cars.
                        I hate cool cars.
                        End of story.

Well, a little more expanded version of the story. Replaced rear main seal on the m20, installed lightweight flywheel and oem clutch kit. Replaced g260 input shaft seal. Listened to my buddy who said not to apply any sealant or rtv to the input shaft flange. Bolted it all up smoothly. Dropped the engine and tranny in without a problem.

Later tonight:
                        Relaxing and watching a movie with the girlfriend I started to overthink it all and started to dig online. Found out the flange needs a sealant (of course which I had in my toolbox), to add thread lock to the flange bolts, and that I forgot to lubricate the pivots and throw out bearing contact point to the clutch lever plate. So yeah... Looks like I'll be either pulling the engine again, or dropping the trans. Both are reasonably annoying jobs. Which would you rather do? (Only thing holding the motor in are the motor mounts and oil pan ground cable) at the moment. But getting it to angle in correctly was pretty annoying.
                        I'm sure I could unbolt the trans and sort of catch it lying underneath it myself rather than needing another person to help me with the hoist.
                        Thoughts?

Of course I'm beyond annoyed right now. But I'm determined to have the car running by Sunday evening.

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

Originally posted by Toodaloo View Post
                          Happy birthday Carson!

I like cool cars.
                          I hate working on cars.
                          I can't afford high end shops that live up to my standards to maintain such cool cars.
                          I hate cool cars.
                          End of story.

Well, a little more expanded version of the story. Replaced rear main seal on the m20, installed lightweight flywheel and oem clutch kit. Replaced g260 input shaft seal. Listened to my buddy who said not to apply any sealant or rtv to the input shaft flange. Bolted it all up smoothly. Dropped the engine and tranny in without a problem.

Later tonight:
                          Relaxing and watching a movie with the girlfriend I started to overthink it all and started to dig online. Found out the flange needs a sealant (of course which I had in my toolbox), to add thread lock to the flange bolts, and that I forgot to lubricate the pivots and throw out bearing contact point to the clutch lever plate. So yeah... Looks like I'll be either pulling the engine again, or dropping the trans. Both are reasonably annoying jobs. Which would you rather do? (Only thing holding the motor in are the motor mounts and oil pan ground cable) at the moment. But getting it to angle in correctly was pretty annoying.
                          I'm sure I could unbolt the trans and sort of catch it lying underneath it myself rather than needing another person to help me with the hoist.
                          Thoughts?

Of course I'm beyond annoyed right now. But I'm determined to have the car running by Sunday evening.
                          After doing a handful of motor swaps on these cars, I'd say yank the entire engine/trans combo, especially if it's only held in place by a few items. It's much easier to deal with maneuvering the heavy trans with everything out of the car, and you don't have to worry about tight clearances and long extensions when torquing bolts (particularly the ones on top of the bell housing).

If your starter is bolted up already, you may need an extra set of hands regardless to loosen the securing nuts, unless you have a threaded starter like a late model e36. Who knows, maybe pulling the engine again will give you a chance to double check everything else since it'll be easily visible once again.

Best of luck with the project,

Joey

Comment

Hi guys. Will get into details later but my beloved '91 318i with so many cherished memories was destroyed this week while saving my life.

Please let me know if any of you guys happen upon a clean 1991 318i in Diamantschwarz.

I think I've seen two now, one in Santa Rosa (with vague ad), and one in Chula Vista/San Diego (also relatively vague ad).

Many thanks,
                            Sina

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Oh shit what happened

Glad you're ok! If you're ok..
                              cars beep boop

Comment

Sina, im sorry for your loss. glad you are ok though.
                                Much wow
                                I hate 4 doors

Comment

Working...
                                X