Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of bad badging, someone was posting the new X3 M Competition rear badge CF. It looks like someone got a bunch of Chinese badges and stuck em to the back of the X3. All the different badges have different font, and just looks.. unrefined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

^
      Just add a Pep Boys looking Dinan badge to complete the look.

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
        If you're going to stance an E30 stance a convertible, but for the love of god leave the coupes and sedans to people who like handling.
        You have won the internet today, sir.
        Originally posted by kronus
        would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          This is one case where the form over function and stancing doesn't bother me. It was never going to be a sharp, relatively lightweight driver's car like the coupes and sedans, it was crippled from the factory with extra weight and less rigidity. The convertibles are cruisers from the factory and don't have the driving experience appeal that regular E30s do, so to build it as a cruiser that is meant to go slow and look good is fine, nothing has been ruined because it was never going to be that great to drive from day 1. The car looks good, the color is great, I wouldn't have chosen those wheels and the M3 badge on the fender is straight cancer, but it has potential.

If you're going to stance an E30 stance a convertible, but for the love of god leave the coupes and sedans to people who like handling.
          I agree with pretty much everything you said, except that I personally dont think that car looks good at all.
          It has decent bones, but needs to be de-stanced and "adulted" in a few ways
          Jimmy P.
          87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
          88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
          88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
          92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
          98 318Ti Morea Green
          04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

I made the guy a full priced offer when he listed it on Facebook last month after my wife said she wanted a convertible to cruise around in and liked the looks of this car. I knew I would need to dump a bunch of money into it to change the suspension and wheels, get it registered in california, etc, but there were a ton of nice parts on it and I figured why not.....it was a total impulse buy, and I went from waking up and seeing the for sale ad straight into a full price offer to the seller all before 9am.

I guess a bunch of people on r3v Facebook were saying the price was too low and that he was l"eaving money on the table" and should put it on BAT...he started to listen to them and messaged me that the chorus was crying out for more money.. he raised the price on me...I couldn't believe he was refusing to close on a full price offer, and was going to up the price. I was buying it sight unseen and had to ship it across country..he was only asking for $500 more, but it was enough to snap me out of the impulse buy and I ended negations and told him good luck.

He actually messaged me on Facebook to let me know the car was on BAT and I could bid if still interested...I would be nervous too, if I were him.

Comment

Be thankful you didn't buy it. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. What a tool.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                Be thankful you didn't buy it. Hindsight is definitely 20/20. What a tool.
                I’m so grateful. It was an outrageously impulsive move, but the queered negotiation experience woke me up instantly and I started seeing it with my real eyes instead of my crazy eyes.

Part of me feels bad for the guy that he got seduced by a bunch of yahoos on a Facebook page with empty pocketbooks....I mean selling a car is such a pain in the ass how do you turn down someone like me? I’m a dream buyer lol.

Anyway hopefully this guy ends up doing all right with the auction it sounded like he’s got a young family and needs to ditch this car.

Comment

Originally posted by DELPHINtimecapsule View Post
                  I’m so grateful. It was an outrageously impulsive move, but the queered negotiation experience woke me up instantly and I started seeing it with my real eyes instead of my crazy eyes.

Part of me feels bad for the guy that he got seduced by a bunch of yahoos on a Facebook page with empty pocketbooks....I mean selling a car is such a pain in the ass how do you turn down someone like me? I’m a dream buyer lol.

Anyway hopefully this guy ends up doing all right with the auction, it sounded like he’s got a young family and needs to ditch this car.
                  The peanut gallery is just that, a bunch of kids with no money or intent to buy. I hate FB so much...

I, for one, would never, ever turn away a full asking price offer - furthermore, I definitely wouldn't turn the offer away, only just to raise the price, a whole $500, on said individual..............what a headache over pocket change....... his loss!
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The S52 vert is definitely low, and its claimed to be Ireland Engineering stuff. I dont think thats how low IE3 stuff sits, so I wonder what it actually has had modified on its suspension
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                      I agree with pretty much everything you said, except that I personally dont think that car looks good at all.

It has decent bones, but needs to be de-stanced and "adulted" in a few ways

I’m not disagreeing, if it was mine, there’s things I’d change as well.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        The S52 vert is definitely low, and its claimed to be Ireland Engineering stuff. I dont think thats how low IE3 stuff sits, so I wonder what it actually has had modified on its suspension

Some verts sit low. My buddies (early ‘87 build) sits way lower on any suspension we’ve put it on. We took the exact same suspension off it and put it on a regular 325i and the sedan looked like it sat several inches higher. I don’t know if it’s the additional weight or what, but it really does seem to sit lower on everything.

2016 Ford Flex

Comment

My Cabrio has H&R race springs in it and it does look pretty low as well.
                          "One of these days" I'm going to swap those out for H&R Sports which is what I have in my street M3...
                          Jimmy P.
                          98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Vert's are the heaviest so race springs (IE3/H&R) will drop the car lower than they would a hardtop. In fact, I had to raise the rear by stacking spring pads in the back. I love the way mine sits now with the added rake and 17x8.5 wheels.

Just like H&R race springs were first made with the E30 M3 in mind...there are also cabrio specific springs. We just tend to forget since they all fit different models.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Convertibles are heavy so it'll sit lower on the same springs, and the S52 adds some weight to the front end. Plus the side skirts make it look lower than it is.
                              Last edited by varg; 07-10-2019, 07:21 PM.

IG @turbovarg
                              '91 318is, M20 turbo
                              [CoTM: 4-18]
                              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                              - updated 3-17

Comment

My brother just sent me this:

Bid for the chance to own a M3-Style 1987 BMW 325i Convertible 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #21,079.

An E30M3 Cabrio tribute with a stock M20 drivetrain.
                                The car itself looks very nicely done.
                                Thats a really beautiful blank canvas of enjoyment for a fraction of the cost of a real one.

There has been real money spent on that car, I bet that goes RNM.
                                Jimmy P.
                                98 318Ti Morea Green

Comment

Working...
                                X