Mustang injector swap
    COP conversion
    (still pulling 1271 code)
    swapped in over 3 AFm's from other owners/ Junkyards
    swapped over 3 ICV's from JY's
    Checked fuel pressure
    Tried using other ECU
    new coolant temp sensor
    Last edited by fiftytakedowns; 11-16-2009, 09:34 PM.
    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
    Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Did this get any better?
      1989 E30 BMW 325i
      1998 E36 BMW M3
      2004 E46 BMW 325i

Comment

Just tossing this up...injectors

dosn't sound like it but just something to add to the list

'88 325iX -Totaled
        '97 M3 - Sold
        '85 euro e30 Pete McHenry 2.8L m20 Stroker - Parting out
        '89 325is - Sold
        '95 540i 6spd
        '87 325is M Technic I s50

Comment

I did add mustang 4 hole injectors.
          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Originally posted by bcrdukes View Post
            Did this get any better?

nope 1.5 years and still have this problem
            [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

My 325ix has the same exact problem...Cold rough idle, but once its warm, it runs like a champ.
              sigpic

Comment

NEW symptoms
                I went on a trip to LA
                got 27 MPG :/ not very good at roughly 75/ 80 mph the whole time.

Also I put the car in Nuetral when going down the grapevine.
                After cruising at 85 mph down the hill for a couple miles I finally put it back in gear and got ready to cruise the blank flat highway.

Well when I put it in gear the car was jumping, buckig and hesitanting, as well as Bogging. Every once in a while cruising at 75 the car would do one buck, or maybe two then keep on going... kinda scary when cruising a 450 mile highway.

im going to look into an 02 sensor. Then redo all the hoses, and gaskets under the damn intake manifold.
                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

I've had the same thing happen to me a few times on long drives. usually been on the freeway for more than an hour. The Motronic box in the glove box gets really really hot and starts bugging out. One time this happend to me on the way to monterey. I was in San Jose when it started to stumble. I had my spare ECU with the fleabay chip inside on hand. Swapped ECUs at a gas station and the symptoms went away instantly. I've heard the same problem from other owners. The only solution I can think of a big ass heat sink or small computer fan in the ECU box. Or just wait for it to cool off. Next time this happens put your hand on it. If its extremely hot...

Comment

I remeber you talking about that....
                    If you were in my hands, how would you handle this situation?
                    wht problems would you trouble shoot, as iff to start all over?
                    [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                      NEW symptoms
                      I went on a trip to LA
                      got 27 MPG :/ not very good at roughly 75/ 80 mph the whole time.

Also I put the car in Nuetral when going down the grapevine.
                      After cruising at 85 mph down the hill for a couple miles I finally put it back in gear and got ready to cruise the blank flat highway.

Well when I put it in gear the car was jumping, buckig and hesitanting, as well as Bogging. Every once in a while cruising at 75 the car would do one buck, or maybe two then keep on going... kinda scary when cruising a 450 mile highway.

im going to look into an 02 sensor. Then redo all the hoses, and gaskets under the damn intake manifold.
                      bump?
                      [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                        I remeber you talking about that....
                        If you were in my hands, how would you handle this situation?
                        wht problems would you trouble shoot, as iff to start all over?
                        I'm not sure. I remember you had that vac hose to the ICV that was collapsing that I thought was affecting your idle. I assume you already took care of that. Your O2 sensor could be going I guess but I wouldn't want to start trouble shooting by spending money. 27mpg doesn't sound that bad at 75-80mph with PS hooked up and a 4.10 diff. If you had a crack or leak in the exhaust ahead of the O2 sensor, it would cause your engine run rich. I'm just guessing at this point. I'll be back in Marin in the second half of Dec if you want a hand with the 02.
                        Last edited by tjts1; 11-23-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                          I'm not sure. I remember you had that vac hose to the ICV that was collapsing that I thought was affecting your idle. I assume you already took care of that. Your O2 sensor could be going I guess but I wouldn't want to start trouble shooting by spending money. 27mpg doesn't sound that bad at 75-80mph with PS hooked up and a 4.10 diff. If you had a crack or leak in the exhaust ahead of the O2 sensor, it would cause your engine run rich. I'm just guessing at this point. I'll be back in Marin in the second half of Dec if you want a hand with the 02.
                          Thanks man ;)
                          it's almost done!
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

imthinking now camshaft sensor, ECU or 02 sensor.
                            [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

I've got the exact same problem as you. 1244 CEL code, bogging and bucking, all that. I'm getting ready to throw in some Mustang injectors in hopes that that'll fix it.

Comment

I went to the junkyard in, picked out a stock 318 ECU
                                it says 1244. thanfuly I also picked out a cam sensor as well. We will see how it goes
                                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG

Comment

Working...
                                X