Cold start, Unable to drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
    Hmmm.. I guess I'll just see what happens when I remove it then..

Bugs me to not know its purpose or function.

(sorry for thread interrupt)
    DON'T you will short out the MAF!!! It's a special wire to increase resistance, too much current supplied to the maf was causing it to burn out prematurely.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Ah - thanks much !!
      -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Fitty have you found a resolution yet?
        I have just read through the entire post hoping to hear a happy ending for you.
        Do you still own the car?

I suffer from the same exact problem, which improves as coolant temp rises.

Car ran 100% fine, but since installing a haltech standalone computer i have this cold start rev limiter issue that will lift as coolant temp rises, once 80c+ is reached the car will finally run normal.

Originally i spliced into the inputs i needed to run the haltech, keeping the motronic installed and running so i would have a tach ect. I ran a new loom for injectors and ignition, also running non bmw bosch coils with ignitors inbuilt.

Despite how different our two cars now are we still exhibit the same problem. I have now gone back and wired all inputs directly to the haltech incase the motrinic was somehow interfering with the signals and causing the issue. Problem still stands.

Obvious starting point was the CTS, so i removed the plug and placed a 300ohm resistor across it to trick the computer into thinking it was running at approx 85c. this did not fix the problem.

I am certain the issue lies with either the crank angle sensor or cam angle sensor. I have measured their resistance and both check out. I even went as far to heat each sensor with a heat gun to simulate the engine heating up to see if it imporved which it didn't. n.b the resistance did rise.

My next move will be to try replacing both sensors. hopefully find a good friend to borrow from first.

Comment

Working...
        X