No announcement yet.

M42 running VERY loud (video), low oil pressure light is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to bleed mine pretty often but I would recommend getting the coolant and just calling it a day. Unless you like messing around with your cooking system every few days.

And since tire running an electric fan it just depends on the temp for the sensor that'll control your temps.
    DENY IGNORANCE!
    Schwarz 325-totaled
    brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
    don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

just running water will corrode everything

Comment

Like mentioned one of the reasons for running coolant is to prevent corrosion.

I run straight distilled water in mine without issue, but I also change it pretty frequently. Only reason for running straight water is I only drive in summer and drain over winter. The water does not have to go to the transfer station :)
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Hey Vivek, glad you have it in good working order. Now you can relax and enjoy the car (and probably start thinking about the 100 other projects you had to put on hold!).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Okay guys I filled another half a gallon of coolant into it. It took that plus a bit of water. I drove the car 200 miles today. I'm trying to clean out the exhaust since I failed smog.
            The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
            Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
            2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
            2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Chances are that you just need a new cat. I replace mine every other time I SMOG the car (well, about an hour before the test lol).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

I love florida... Lol
                DENY IGNORANCE!
                Schwarz 325-totaled
                brilliantrot 318i-daily

Originally posted by mkcman17
                don't think your hamster wheels are fast now. you will still have to give up when trying to pass that V6 odyssey to make your offramp.

Comment

Working...
                X