'98 E36 M3 Estorilblau/Dove - SOLD
    '90 E30 M3 Brilliantrot/Black - SOLD
    SRS BSNS Motorsports - 24hrs of LeMons Racer

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan M3 View Post
      The poll is about 4 years out of date.

The correct choices should be G35 coupe vs. E46 owners
      the g35 coupe vs. 350z vs. mustang?
      Last edited by Ramgoat; 12-16-2010, 09:00 AM.
      feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Ramgoat View Post
        the g35 coupe vs. 350z vs. mustang?
        You mean the 370z?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

rofl copter at all of you who thinkn Mk4's are such bad cars... Not everyone who drives one is a douche, my brother, two of my cousins, and one of my very good friends all own one. None of them are really douches... And all of them are ten times faster/more reliable than my E30. I love how everyone on here wants to shit talk a car, but if someone says anything about an E30 (which is usually true) for example, they're old and slow as hell unless heavily modded, everyone gets butthurt!! Seriously people? I love me E30, I love the cars in general. I would rather have a RWD car... But unless you are going to dump a bunch of money in it, it's not really that amazing of a car? Is it fun as hell to drive? Yes, absolutely! Do they look good? I think so. But the same can be said of a Mk4. I honestly do not understand the ways of R3V.

Disregard above statement as I was too butthurt by the Vdub hate to realize that this poll excluded the GTI/GLI, as those are the cars owned by said friends/family. Ok.... Out.
          Originally posted by ak-
          Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

Originally posted by VasFinest View Post
            rofl copter at all of you who thinkn Mk4's are such bad cars... Not everyone who drives one is a douche, my brother, two of my cousins, and one of my very good friends all own one. None of them are really douches... And all of them are ten times faster/more reliable than my E30. I love how everyone on here wants to shit talk a car, but if someone says anything about an E30 (which is usually true) for example, they're old and slow as hell unless heavily modded, everyone gets butthurt!! Seriously people? I love me E30, I love the cars in general. I would rather have a RWD car... But unless you are going to dump a bunch of money in it, it's not really that amazing of a car? Is it fun as hell to drive? Yes, absolutely! Do they look good? I think so. But the same can be said of a Mk4. I honestly do not understand the ways of R3V.

Disregard above statement as I was too butthurt by the Vdub hate to realize that this poll excluded the GTI/GLI, as those are the cars owned by said friends/family. Ok.... Out.
            Okay let me put it simple for you, you buy a pos e30 for $1000, and as you claim requires tons of money to make reliable, I'll use an insane number of $4000, at 5k you have a much better car than $12,000 mk4 and WAY more reliable.

VW has and is currently one of the worst reputations of reliability for cars out there. So you take a car that is basically twice the price of a decent e30 that has shitty driving dynamics, terrible reliability, and the stereotype of the ladyboy douche bag drivers its very easy to understand hate.

Most douche bag vw mk4 gti guys that want rwd usually go to the poser e46 non m3's with m3 bits, e36 m3 with tons of retarded mods, or murdered out g35's because they are in the same reasonable price range. Plus they are shitty owners before and wont change there ways regardless of brand.
            1985 BMW 325e
            1997 BMW M3/4/5
            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

I understand that I could build an E30 for half the price of a Mk4 and make it a much more fun/reliable car. I just don't understand why R3V has to shit on so many cars that aren't bad cars. Example, G35, e46 3 series, e36 3 series. None of those are bad cars, yet for some reason R3V deems practically any car newer than 1990 as shit and nothing close to the almighty e30. I love my e30 and most of the e30's on here that are done well would make me much happier than any of the cars listed above, but I just don't understand the mindset of R3V when it comes to cars other than the E30 or 2002 or E31... It just doesn't make sense to me.
              Originally posted by ak-
              Support is where it's at. Like a bra. This guy has his bra off though. He lives dangerous and shameless; i like him.

Comment

I just don't understand why R3V has to shit on so many cars that aren't bad cars. Example, G35, e46 3 series, e36 3 series. None of those are bad cars, yet for some reason R3V deems practically any car newer than 1990 as shit and nothing close to the almighty e30.

your new here? eh..you wont last long. & sig'd
                sigpic

Comment

You're insinuating that because I don't ride the cock of the perfect creation that is the e30 I will not last long on this forum? I hope that isn't true because R3V's knowledge of the afore mentioned perfect creation is equivalent to the dictionary's usefulness for finding words... Also I have never been anyones sig before, thank you sir. I feel honored.
                  Originally posted by ak-

Comment

VW = gay

my roomate has a mk whatever hatch gti, its gay, turbo or not, its gay

VW is the honda or toyota of europe

which incidentaly makes audi the acura or lexus of europe
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

When I think cockbag, I normally think this:

Generally some douchy kid driving about 80 down Miramar rd into La Jolla/Torry Pines, thinking he is the boss and then r3v's his 328
                      e92 M3
                      e30 M3 s52 swap
                      w203 C240 wagon (DD)
                      190e 5.6 swap (in surgery)

Comment

You're insinuating that because I ride the cock of the perfect creation that is the e30.
                        Fixed.

Comment

mk4's are big pieces of shit, but I <3 mine. Hell e30s are big pieces of shit too when you think about it. Just about every e30 you buy will need
                          -CA
                          -CAB
                          -Tierods
                          -Steering Rack
                          -Non shitty headlights
                          -New seats
                          -New shocks
                          -Timing belt for the m20 flavor
                          -Sparkplug wires/VC/Tensioners for the m42 flavor
                          -oil pan gaskets
                          -a decent radio
                          -a hell lot of buffing for non clearcoat cars, new paint job for clearcoat cars
                          -fan clutch
                          -assortment of lights (dashboard, obc, etc)
                          -new gaskets (trunk and/or tail light)
                          -a proper diff if it's an open diff car

e36s need
                          -new interior (for 99% EM, 50% of LM)
                          -new rtabs
                          -coil packs (not all but usually 1 or 2)
                          -CA
                          -CABS
                          -Suspension
                          -Rear subframe reinforcement for em
                          -Window regulators for coupes

mk4s need
                          -shocker sticker
                          -rcabs
                          -headlights polished
                          -sometimes a CV boot
                          -lowness
                          -wheels
                          -coil packs (recall)
                          -window regulators (recall)
                          -Timing belt
                          -vag com cable to bring with you everywhere.. haha

Funny thing is that most mk4s (non-r32/20th/337/gli) cost around 4-6k now days and with software and a dp can pwn e36s m3s from a roll.

I've had both e30s and mk4s on track. Mk4 is faster (more power, better brakes) but less fun than my e30 (neutral handling, rwd). Never had an e36 on track, but on mountain roads I feel they are more liable to be twitchy at the limit than both aforementioned cars.

bla bla bla. screw cars, they all suck :-D
                          Last edited by Julien; 12-17-2010, 06:53 AM.
                          Build Threads:
                          Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

I now say the s4!

But apparently its the e39 :(

Jersey Shore's The Situation Auctions His Car On eBay. Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is selling his 1999 BMW 5-Series 528i online. Yes, the MTV Jersey Shore cast member “The Situation” is auctioning the ultimate Guido machine to the highest bidder on eBay. - PR10588861

Mar 22, 2010 – Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is selling his 1999 BMW 5-Series 528i online. Yes, the infamous Jersey Shore cast member “The Situation” is auctioning the ultimate Guido machine to the highest bidder on eBay.

Bidding started at $5000 with a $8500 Buy It Now price. The website http://www.DiehardThreads.com was the first to place a bid hoping the stunt brings attention to the online store’s “pop culture shirts that won’t quit” including the popular Jersey Shore t-shirt (http://bit.ly/Jersey-Shore).

Sorrentino describes this "rare opportunity to own a piece of pop culture history" and encourages Jersey Shore fans to “be the first and only to own the Situation’s car and create your own situation in this head turning BMW.”

If the "beautiful hunter green exterior" and “supple tan leather interior” doesn’t woo you, “Michael will meet you in person and you will receive a personalized autographed picture; including the GTL designer license plate.”

No word yet on how to get the Axe Body Spray smell out of the upholstery
                            Last edited by Ramgoat; 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM.
                            feedback?!

4x100 32mm Wheel Spacers $70 Shipped

Comment

I understand that I could build an E30 for half the price of a Mk4 and make it a much more fun/reliable car. I just don't understand why R3V has to shit on so many cars that aren't bad cars. Example, G35, e46 3 series, e36 3 series. None of those are bad cars, yet for some reason R3V deems practically any car newer than 1990 as shit and nothing close to the almighty e30. I love my e30 and most of the e30's on here that are done well would make me much happier than any of the cars listed above, but I just don't understand the mindset of R3V when it comes to cars other than the E30 or 2002 or E31... It just doesn't make sense to me.
                              I have talked to many BMW master tech's and worked closely with a few, all of them say E36 is when BMW really cheaped out. I know from experience that you cant find a decent E36 M3 5 speed, that hasnt been wrecked, riced and raced, chromed/neoned out and they seem to think its still worth 10k with 150k miles of lack of any care for basic maintenance.

But i voted Veedub because FWD drivers seem to look down on RWD drivers. I always say FWD is for girls.

Comment

Type 2 keywords and click on the 'Fight !' button. The winner is the one which gets best visibility on Google.

woah. Woah. That just happened.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Working...
                                X