X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock m20b25 ignition timing and fuel map/table

Hello Guys and Gals :)
    my first post on those forums :)

I have 1985 UK edition e30 325i, 5spd, 2 door. It came standard with motronic 1.0 ECU (no o2 sensor, 35 pin plug connector).

As a project I'm turbo'ing engine, but before i get to that first I decided to install aftermarket ECU. I choosen Megasquirt, as it is fully tunable and does all I need and it's cheap :)

It took me 1 month to build ECU (comes as DIY kit) and install it in my car, on and off work (as you normally do while working on your own private project).

Anyways, Megasquirt is in, aswell I got LC-1 wideband oxygen sensor and now I'm in process of tuning it. I sort-of tuned low-speed parts of the ve table, and the car is driveable, however I got no idea how to even begin tuning ignition table. I can basically set ignition advance on 12x12 table anywhere I want, but I got no clue what's right. Same goes to the air/fuel ration table. wideband sensor can get me to any desired air/fuel ratio, but i have no clue what would be the right one.

Does anyone help me out here ? I'm looking for either a guideance or maby somebody has stock ignition/ve maps or something ???
    thanks in advance.

Mops.

As far as ignition advance goes you will want to advance it until it pings, then back it off a couple degrees until it doesn't anymore. This is alot of trial and error by yourself driving around all day.

A dyno will speed things up. Or a friend to alter values on the fly while you drive.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

looks like a e30 non CAT equipped. must have arround 9.7:1 CR wich is not very friendly for your boost porpouse. Keep in mind that.

and by the way if you want really good info about turbocahrging your e30 there is a place wich has better info than here-----> www.e30tech.com

There you will find many guys runing MS and can give you their files to upload in your MS so you only modify some parameters for your suit.
      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

If you goto the tuning forum on the website, there is a really basic "starting" point for figuring out your ignition. Start with something safe, then move up as Jordan stated.

Also, depending on how hardcore you are, the proper way to do this is to get EGT sensors on each cylinder and ensure that your combustion temps are within reasonable limits. The goal is to make the most power with the lowest EGT and no knocking. Best power will be made at 12.0 - 13.0. You may need to go lower to prevent pinging or lower EGTs.
        Michael Spiegle

'01 Ford Escape / Daily Driver
        '99 M3 / Track Car
        '87 325is bronzit / wtf car
        '06 Daytona Triumph 675 / Daily Rider

Comment

Hey , i live in iran
          I hardly got a mega version 2 ecu and adjust on my car with m20b25
          I have problem with tables
          Can u send me your tables? If u have table with out turbo its better
          Faridmrtzv2014@gmail.com
          Telegram: 00989111709842