Engine replasment wont start, Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine replasment wont start, Help!

I swapped my e30 engine since the old engine had a knock the new engine is not starting I found that when I disconect the quik connector of the fuel rail the car runs for a few seconds and then shuts off. Crazy, I now. Please If you have any suggestions I would appreciate since I am getting a little bit discouraged.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Does it smell like fuel? Pull a plug and confirm it's not flooding. Maybe you have bad/leaky injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by citizen_insane View Post
      Does it smell like fuel? Pull a plug and confirm it's not flooding. Maybe you have bad/leaky injectors.
      Yes. I have every thing spark, gas and timing. I changed all the injectors just in case and nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli.z.r.c7@gmail.com View Post
        I swapped my e30 engine since the old engine had a knock the new engine is not starting I found that when I disconect the quik connector of the fuel rail the car runs for a few seconds and then shuts off. Crazy, I now. Please If you have any suggestions I would appreciate since I am getting a little bit discouraged.

what do you meant by "quik connector of the fuel rail"? You disconnected the fuel line?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
          what do you meant by "quik connector of the fuel rail"? You disconnected the fuel line?
          I disconect the fuel rail electrical connection and it runs. It makes no scene to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli.z.r.c7@gmail.com View Post
            I disconect the fuel rail electrical connection and it runs. It makes no scene to me.

I see..you meant injector harness. Fuel rail has no electrical connections. I think the other suggestion is not far from where I'd start. Maybe your engine is flooding? Does your engine oil smell like gas? Maybe pressure regulator diaphragm or internal spring broke? Take the vacuum line from the regulator and see if there any gas in it or if vac line smells like gas. Sometimes if the diaphragm is torn, you won't see gas right away. Maybe put a mityvac on it with clear tube and do a few hand pumps. See if any as comes out and if the regulator can hold 9 pounds of vacuum or so

Comment

Working...
            X