Intake Manifold Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake Manifold Upgrade

Thanx for my admittance.Is anyone running one of these without a turbo?If so any gains?
    Attached Files

No gain for N/A, only decent option is ITBs from RHD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i wonder how come most people with boost dont run those intake manifolds. mainly see videos from europe running that type of intake manifold.

Comment

The stock manifold has proven efficient even at ~900whp. With some decent headwork and the runners perfectly specified to the head flow characteristics, I could see some decent gain from this type of plenum, but other than that, it’s more of a cosmetic improvement, IMO. With that being said, if you do choose to run this as a aesthetic enhancement, it doesn’t seem to “ruin” efficiency in turbo applications, at least.

Comment

That manifold is garbage. Don't waste your money.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Gains you say?

Comment

runners too short and i bet the alignment and transition to the head will be terrible
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

These things are popping up for every application. The Chinese are very good st looking at s picture and producing. I doubt there is any engineering behind it.

I was looking at on for an n54. I would not use it as is, but they have done all the light work. Cut it up, clean the welds inside, port match to the head, add bell mouths; a decent starting point.

Comment

As others have previously posted, that manifold is worth about eight cents.

The stock manifold is efficient--and in my opinion, a work of art.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Gains you say?

God, that is dis-tur-bing.....

t
                    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                    X