No announcement yet.

A 50 year old Japanesse lady: SRL311 01228

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just stopping by to say that I love this thread.

So since cylinder head work is happening on this, the E30 is obviously next, right?
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
      Just stopping by to say that I love this thread.

So since cylinder head work is happening on this, the E30 is obviously next, right?

I own two cars, and once I have this one as a solid runner I can explore some of the ideas I have for the daily...

I have a wonderful and fresh WOT-tech cylinderhead in my garage though ;)
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Good things are happening, and I got some pics to prove it.

.... Im speechless.... and giddy...
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

Nice!
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

so is the intake and exhaust on the same side of the head? square inlets is new to me too. very cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
              so is the intake and exhaust on the same side of the head? square inlets is new to me too. very cool stuff.

Yup, counterflow head.
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                Yup, counterflow head.
                Wouldn't that make intake temps super high?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I have a wonderful and fresh WOT-tech cylinderhead in my garage though ;)
                  This makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside
                  1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                  1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                    Yes, its a non crossflow head. The round ports are the intakes, the square ports are the exhaust. Not an uncommon setup. There is enough flow through the ports that the temps aren't that big of a deal. The EGTs on my engine are pretty high, I turned the glossy Jet Hot ceramic coating a dark dull grey on my headers, so I'd bet the EGTs are 1300+ degrees. With such high EGTs the velocity out the exhaust is pretty good so you have added scavenging on the intake side. In race prep form these engines will make 260hp.

Will
                    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                      Yes, its a non crossflow head. The round ports are the intakes, the square ports are the exhaust. Not an uncommon setup. There is enough flow through the ports that the temps aren't that big of a deal. The EGTs on my engine are pretty high, I turned the glossy Jet Hot ceramic coating a dark dull grey on my headers, so I'd bet the EGTs are 1300+ degrees. With such high EGTs the velocity out the exhaust is pretty good so you have added scavenging on the intake side. In race prep form these engines will make 260hp.

Will
                      Thanks for your reply and knowledge. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's.....SUPERcharged.......

Superchargers are awesome because they provide extra power with a very linear delivery curve. There’s no lag because they aren’t exhaust driven. Obviously, there needs to be a car attached to a supercharger for it to be effective. This particular supercharger lives in the engine bay of a 1969 Datsun Roadster.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                          Yea that was on Bring a Trailer recently and I dont think it made reserve...

In other news, Im a bit frustrated with all the delays. The cylinderhead has certainly taken a lot longer than I expected, but the results appear to be worth it, hopefully the bill wont make me feel otherwise...

The diff on the otherhand has been a surprise of frustration. I thought it would be a quick deal but its turned out to be the opposite and in the blink of an eye it looks like it will be another month before Im driving this car...
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

Well, not sure anyone cares or is paying attention, but I am done with any painting I will do in the engine bay. Didnt get 100% of it all, but it looks 99% better than before.

and just to see a back to back, heres what it looked like before... 7 months ago when I started taking it all apart

Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

It's night & day. Great work. Sorry about the delays.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Wow, the engine bay looks 100 times better. Can't wait to see it with the head back on it.

Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X