AKG 24v swap motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Revshift View Post
    They aren't angled because they don't need to be. No complaints from anyone who has installed them so far, including ourselves.
    Bullshit.

I called, complained and was told if I wanted to return them I had to eat shipping and a 25% restock fee.......

They never addressed the multitude of variables that go into a swap that make some things work for some and not for others.
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

Comment

Swiss, I was the one who spoke to you on the phone. I don't remember ever telling you that you would have to return them and eat the restocking fee. I do remember telling you that if you needed shorter or longer (I don't remember which) we would make some for you free of charge. From what I remember we talked on the phone a good 4 or 5 times and you seemed like you trying to get your intake manifold on after the engine was installed and that was what was giving you problems.

I don't want to start any problems between you and Revshift but seeing as how I was the one that you dealt with on the phone I feel like there was either a miscommunication or maybe I just dropped the ball... Dunno. If you want to PM me personally or call the shop I'd be happy to figure out what happened and/or how to fix it.
      Enter the Internet!

Comment

Originally posted by MaksV View Post
        Legit Question: Do my mounts need to be angled, is there any reason M28 mounts wont work.

Legit Answer: No.

/thread.
        Was I asking you? No.

Do the e28 mounts "work"? Sure, but I am not satisfied with their fitment. That's all that matters. End of story.

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        I run the revshift 24v mounts. One side of studs are offset of center in order to give the correct mounting angle. No weird squishing or binding like the m5 mounts I used in my last swap car.
        Thanks for your input, Danny. Glad others have realized the shortcomings of the e28 mounts.

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
        Gooch, if you do end up getting the AKG(we supply them) make sure to get some e36 exhaust shields, 2 of them to be exact. Any Engine mount for that matter...The way the headers sit it doesnt take much time for the heat to wear them down.
        Hey, L. Are you referring to doubling up on the stock e36 motor mount shield? I have one from my donor, but this is the first I've heard of using two.

Originally posted by e28m5 View Post
        So... Back to the original question. Does anyone have akg mounts?
        Thanks, buddy.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
        '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
        '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
        '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

I will say that the AKG motor mounts are angled for a reason. I bought the Revshift M50 swap motor mounts (95A) and M50 swap flex disc some months ago and I was pretty shocked when I opened the package. The quality on the motor mounts didn't look good, but the flex disc was useless. I've taken some pictures of the flex disc which I can upload here during the weekend. It would be suicide to mount that on a car - wait and see. I actually read a thread on a forum about these flex discs by a guy that was as shocked as me and also posted pictures of it. Revshift answered the thread and said the guy had destroyed the flex disc himself and posted pictures to ruin Revshift's reputation (it was probably a competitor). I actually believed Revshift and ordered... Well, they can't say the same about me. I'm just a normal man in Norway that would have NO interest to ruin their company.

But, back to the engine mounts. I tried to mount them but they broke. They were not correct angled so when i tightened the bolt the metal disc + bolt on the down-side was ripped off.

Comment

Working...
          X