3 Liter M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Liter M20

So..How much are used 3 liter M20s going for? I'm not saying I'm going to find one but if I did.

I've never seen a used 3.0L M20 for sale... the people that pony up the $3K+ to build them usually keep em in their cars.

Comment

Run a search on this topic. "Stroker" or "stroker M20" should pull up between 2 to 3 bazillion hits.....more info than you can shake a stick at.

As for the cost? It all depends. New crank or used crank? Brand and spec of pistons? Camshaft? Megasquirt/piggyback system for the ECU? MAF set up? There are so many variables to this its mind-boggling. I know one individual (the infamous Dave) who spent over $7K on building a 3.0L M20.....but he didn't leave one stone unturned. Pretty much new everything.

Jon
      Rides...
      1991 325i - sold :(
      2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

I was just wondering because I have a 3 liter with like 1500 miles on it just sitting here. I don't know if i should just put in a car or sale it. The motor is crazy,I mean the car was quick and it was just starting to be broken in. Oh and thanks for the replys guys.

Ogre

Comment

metric mechanics sells a prebuilt 3.0l m20, you can find out what they sell theirs for, cut it in half and sell it for that price pretty easily
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by E30OGRE
            I was just wondering because I have a 3 liter with like 1500 miles on it just sitting here. I don't know if i should just put in a car or sale it. The motor is crazy,I mean the car was quick and it was just starting to be broken in. Oh and thanks for the replys guys.
            Post an ad in classifieds....title it "Feeler: M20 3.0L" and list every detail about the motor to the best of your ability. Some folks here may be able to give a ballpark value based on the info you submit.

Jon
            Rides...
            1991 325i - sold :(
            2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i
              Post an ad in classifieds....title it "Feeler: M20 3.0L" and list every detail about the motor to the best of your ability. Some folks here may be able to give a ballpark value based on the info you submit.

Jon
              Someone here will probably offer $100 and a set of bottlecaps for it.
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift
                Someone here will probably offer $100 and a set of bottlecaps for it.
                I'll offer $125 and a set of basketweaves :roll:

Comment

how about $126 and a set of basketweaves :D? In all seriousness you can never have to many sets of weaves. I mean I am right or I am right?

Comment

how about $126 and a set of basketweaves :D? In all seriousness you can never have to many sets of weaves. I mean I am right or I am right?
                    if you can list all the stuff thats done to it, i may be interested. I have an ix so i'd have to swap it into a new block but thats not a super big deal. the piston group buy on e30tech is taking forever. I was going to build a 3.0 anyway.

Comment

im interested and have real money

Comment

Originally posted by screamingbmwe30
                        im interested and have real money
                        same here

Comment

fun

Ok well here is the list:
                          1. 1mm over ross pistons (10:1)
                          2. all new seals
                          3. Pauter rods
                          4. ported head
                          5. reground cam
                          6. Korman springs and titanium retainers
                          7. s50 crank
                          8. completely balanced
                          9. light weight flywheel

I'll list more later.

Comment

The motor was built by Opel engineering in Streamwood,IL. Everything is new,the only thing that was reused was the block, but even that was line honed and bored. I cant realy think of anything else but if you have any questions just ask. oh and how do i go about moving this tread to for sale or does it not matter?

Comment

I'd just make a new post over there, this one is full of noise anyway.

sounds like a fun motor.. I'd be pretty tempted to stick it in a car if I were you.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X