S50 fuel injection, no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S50 fuel injection, no spark

Any other ideas as to why it doesn't start?

Car ran well until dme got wet during a torrential rain storm. I replaced the original red label 413 dme with another from a fellow member.

I have fuel pressure, fuel injection, but no spark.

The car has the ews system transferred over from the engines donor car. I have a replacement red label dme with stock chip.

It appears I have voltage TO the ignition coils. The 3 wires, when key on engine off I have 12.5 volts. When cranking I have about 10.6 volts. I ohmed the brown ground wire from the coil connector to the ground at the harness end by the vanos solenoid and I have about .6 ohms.

I removed all the spark plugs and cleaned them.

I got in contact with the p/o and the only difference with the dme is he had a chip from TMS for the larger euro hfm, when I looked at the part number for the chip, it was indeed only that, no ews delete. TMS part number 4131-3001.

Only reason I have not put that chip in was that it was wet and showed some nastiness. I cleaned it up but fear if I install the chip in my new dme it may do harm.
    Anyone in the warwick ny area that may want to help is more than welcome! Please someone help because I'm at my wits end with this car and ready to call it quits.
Working...
X