ETA to M50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETA to M50

I've done my fair share of searching and I still have a lot of questions. I can find plenty of information about M50 swaps for e30's but I haven't been able to find a solid answer for the wiring side of the swap. (I have an 85 manual ETA) Also I don't need to go away from the 5 speed manual that is already in my car correct?
    Sorry in advance for my noobness. Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by Kalimari View Post
    I've done my fair share of searching and I still have a lot of questions. I can find plenty of information about M50 swaps for e30's but I haven't been able to find a solid answer for the wiring side of the swap. (I have an 85 manual ETA) Also I don't need to go away from the 5 speed manual that is already in my car correct?
    Sorry in advance for my noobness. Thanks for your time.
    The wiring isn't hard, just look up a wiring diagram for the M50, and a wiring diagram for your ETA, compare the two and wire away. You can keep the Getrag tranny if you wish, but I would recommend getting a ZF, they're stronger and in my opinion they just feel better. That being said, if you go ZF, you'll need to get a 98 328 driveshaft/guibo.

My m50 swap I kept the getrag, now my new m52 turbo swap I went the zf route.

Comment

Working...
    X