Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 225 45 15.... </3

Comment

True that there's no 245/40 15 but based on TireRack the Dunlop ZII* 225/45R16 has a 8.5" thread width which is the same 8.5" thread width as the BFG 225/40R15. If the ZIII follows the same ZII* sizing they should be the same 8.5" wide but with a smaller impact on gearing than the BFG 225/40R15 tire (23.9" vs 22.7"). Maybe not a big deal for everyone but it's about 3 mph difference before hitting the rev limiter in second gear which can be important in AutoX.

I just wish we had some info on how sticky they are compared to RE-71R and the Rival S 1.5...

Comment

Seeing as how the RE-71's are backordered this time of year I'm interested in how the Z3's compare both at the autocross as well as daily driving in the rain. I'm not concerned so much with treadwear as I am driving on the highway through the rain after a long day at work. The new Continental ECS are also on my radar, all sizes 205-50-15. Treadwear isn't an issue; if these tires get me thru to the fall with autox every 2 weeks I'll be happy.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
          Seeing as how the RE-71's are backordered this time of year I'm interested in how the Z3's compare both at the autocross as well as daily driving in the rain. I'm not concerned so much with treadwear as I am driving on the highway through the rain after a long day at work. The new Continental ECS are also on my radar, all sizes 205-50-15. Treadwear isn't an issue; if these tires get me thru to the fall with autox every 2 weeks I'll be happy.

They aren't "terrible", but a if you can spring it, don't dismiss the Toyo RA1 full tread. They are the preferred rain tire for Spec e30 and Miata. In fact, they used to the be both Spec class tires for years, we were just shaving them to slick for the dry. I haven't experienced the r1r yet, but they also look promising. Just hard to justify spending dough on tires that don't fit in any of my motorsport duties, though.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Anyone done a back to back with the ZII and the ZIII?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

FYI- Grassroots Motorsports has a tire review this month. It’s rather in-depth and makes comparisons between Rival S 1.5,Re-71r, z3, z2 and azenis. Worth while finding a copy at a local bookstore.

Based on the what I read I’ll be sticking with Rivals S 1.5 for Autocross.

Comment

Awe man. Literally JUST let my subscription expire a couple months ago. :/
                john@m20guru.com
                Links:
                Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                X