No announcement yet.

What are these cars worth? Noob trying to get into e30 game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the others buy the IS, thats a pretty good price for an IS at least what I can see from the pics. You will be fine with the resale unless its completely rusted out under the floorboards.
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by The30man View Post

254,xxx isn't to many for an e30?
      As long as it's well maintained, there should be relatively no issues.

My last E30 had 340k + on the stock motor and drifted/hooned a ton on closed courses.
      Harp

Comment

What are these cars worth? Noob trying to get into e30 game

Go for the is but check the body for rust. Bring a flashlight. And a jack.

Also:

If you’re in the market for an BMW E30 (1983-1991 well technically to 1994 but let’s not get all technical :)) you should probably have a look at this buyers guide. Got this write up from http://www.e30forum.de/diyfaq/kaufberatung/kaufberatung.htm unfortunately it is in German... fortunately i have done my best to translate it to English! Enjoy! I have added and

Worth a read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
        I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Comment

My advice for anyone in the areas where cars rust is to find a non- rusty car. Period. It would be worth the price to ship/drive a car from south of you to get a low rust car. It really is. You will forever be fighting rust if not. It will be on every bolt under the car. Rusty nuts round off way easy. And on top of it all, no one will want to buy a car lfrom you if it is rusty. Mechanical stuff is manageable with a Bently manual.

Comment

Originally posted by dubdub View Post
            My advice for anyone in the areas where cars rust is to find a non- rusty car. Period. It would be worth the price to ship/drive a car from south of you to get a low rust car. It really is. You will forever be fighting rust if not. It will be on every bolt under the car. Rusty nuts round off way easy. And on top of it all, no one will want to buy a car lfrom you if it is rusty. Mechanical stuff is manageable with a Bently manual.

X2

Shipping a car across the country is much cheaper than fixing rust.
            1991 318iC
            1989 325i Field Rescue

Comment

Working...
            X