No announcement yet.

Flywheel question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just looked on pelican and didnt see a single mass flywheel for a 325i.
    Randall Racing and Engineering
    Acworth, Georgia, 30101
    http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

That's because the only flywheel used on a 325i/is is single mass. A new one is the easiest solution, but pricey. I'd get one from a salvage yard and have it surfaced.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
        That's because the only flywheel used on a 325i/is is single mass. A new one is the easiest solution, but pricey. I'd get one from a salvage yard and have it surfaced.
        That doesnt make sense becuase the only flywheels i see forsale are dual mass for the 325i/is.

Im not trying to be complex here but I do want to understand what I need to do to make sure my car will be right after the swap.
        Randall Racing and Engineering
        Acworth, Georgia, 30101
        http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

Bumping this thread as it's relevant to my interests. I have an early 325e with the heavy single mass. I'm dropping in a b25 but it has no flywheel with it, what is needed to install my current setup on the motor with a b25 clutch, and how much weight can easily be machined off? I'd like to get it to the 13-15lb range, finances allowing.

I'm assuming i need the b25 bearings to match the clutch kit. I will not need the reference marks with the new motor, but I'll leave them anyways
          1990 332i, 4 door
          2008 KTM 990 Superduke
          2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
          2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
          2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Working...
          X