Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rubbing Issues, Short shifter installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha thanks george. I will look this up on netflix now. Some younger friends of mine (16-17) didnt even know who wu tang was.

Comment

Originally posted by Conki View Post
      Straight six engines are perfectly balanced by nature. No need for a balancer.
      ... driveshaft balancer. I'll concede the driveshaft on e30s don't need it, but it's for the driveshaft.

Nevermind the fact inline sixes are not perfectly balanced. More balanced than inline fours or V6s, but far from perfect.

Comment

So are most people on here actually removing the balancer? It seemed to me most were bending the selector rod???
        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
        Originally posted by J3M93
        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Im about to change my clutch, guibo, csb etc... I will remove mine as well

One of the best threads you will ever read
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=221813

Nice trailer of my e30
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTjtG...e_gdata_player

If i sold you something please leave feedback here
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=217142

Comment

Okay r3v, confirm my suspicions here.

I got the SSK kit from Blunt, didn't get enough time to install it myself since I've been super busy with work. I took it to this BMW/Mercedes place to have it installed, now my reverse gear won't go in and it feels like the "click" to engage reverse is all the way to the passenger side.

Did they install the selector rod on the wrong side of the assembly?
            Last edited by DatUtahGuy; 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30

Comment

the garage you took it to is obviously is DOING IT WRONG!
              my build here ---> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ht=lemans+blue

Comment

Originally posted by sweet6e30 View Post
                the garage you took it to is obviously is DOING IT WRONG!
                Yeah I'll have to go back and see what's what, but I don't know if the problem is the selector rod being on the wrong side of the assembly or the shifter lever being backwards, as in need to rotate 180 degrees...

Comment

I have the AKG shift rod, but have not installed it. It is just too hot out right now.

I have the Z 3 1.9 in the car now and it used to rub on the balancer. When i had the driveshaft rebuilt i never reinstalled it. No issues here.

I will be replacing it with the Z4 M coupe one when i do though.
                  seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Comment

Schwarz3, does it run when moving? Something sounds like it is binding up. make sure to check if the selector rod needs to be bent or anything like that. i was lucky to have a lift and a buddy so i could work out all the kinks and get it just how i wanted my shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak View Post
                      didnt even know who wu tang was.
                      who was wu tang ?
                      was they Pu Tangs sister ?
                      3 pedal club
                      200,k+ club
                      cabrio club
                      port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Schwarz3, does it run when moving? Something sounds like it is binding up. make sure to check if the selector rod needs to be bent or anything like that. i was lucky to have a lift and a buddy so i could work out all the kinks and get it just how i wanted my shifter.
                        I'm sorry I don't understand exactly what you are asking? Does what run when what is moving?

The thing is that the shifter won't engage reverse because the "notch" that is supposed to be to the drivers side, I can feel that on the passenger side. I don't know if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain I guess.

I was thinking of removing my harmonic balancer instead of bending the selector rod.

Comment

I just installed a z4 short shifter and new bushings from Mr. Blunt. I bent the selector rod as needed and it still rubs slightly on the metal "balancer" (whatever you want to call it). I can either keep bending the selector rod or can i just remove the metal thing? I want to also upgrade the selector rod to the AKG one but i cannot bend that one. Opinions please.

Also z4 shifter feels awesome, it is really notchy and much shorter then the previous slop oem one i had before. I would recommend it to anyone, Also didnt have to remove the driveshaft in the process :D Thanks Blunt!
                          Google this stuff before you start posting threads.
                          "Do what you love, and love what you do" -Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by E30ruben View Post

Google this stuff before you start posting threads.
                            check the date of threads before you post..
                            5 months old dooooood

Comment

hahahaha thats two from this retard

Comment

is the selector in the correct side of the linkage ?

Comment

Working...
                                X