Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auto to 5spd swap+ Late Model Part out in VA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto to 5spd swap+ Late Model Part out in VA!

Hi All,

Anyone in the DC MD VA area able to assist with a manual swap??

I am purchasing a parts car (90 325i sedan) and want to swap my 92 vert to manual. If anyone can assist or do the work, I would be happy to discuss how I can repay.

I am mechanically inclined, and have a 2 car car-port with most tools. I've done a lot of work on cars like brakes suspension etc. but never dropped a transmission before and am a little unfamiliar with E30s.

Ideally I could give you a deal on whatever parts you need from the donor car since all I really need is the 5spd swap parts. Its wrecked in the front, but has a good engine trans and clean interior. If not, I may have t go with Zimmerman auto, but I'd rather see if I can trade some parts for help from someone experienced first.

I pick it up the parts car this weekend.

nobody? lol

Comment

Where are you in NoVA? I haven't personally done an auto to manual swap, but I have removed more than a few engines/transmissions and could certainly help.

Comment

Did you buy that Calypso 4 door?
        1993 Laguna M50 "Helen"
        1987 M20 325i "Ron Burgundy"
        1987 M20 325e "Billy"

"He who shall be last shall be sideways and smiling." - Clarkson

Comment

I'm in NoVa, Fairfax just off of 495!

No, I saw that one though, It came with some extras but was a little steep for a parts car. Im picking one up thats been wrecked in the front but has good interior and engine/trans

Comment

I am not far and wouldn't mind hanging out and learning a thing or two. I am happy to lend a hand however possible, but I have never done any job that big myself either.
            1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
            1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
            September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
            Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Once you have the parts car in place send a PM if you still need/want an extra person.

Comment

Much appreciated everyone!! i'll keep everyone in the loop. Should be picking it up this weekend.

Comment

I can lend a hand as well. Maybe have a little e30 parts install meet up. I enjoy drinking beers and breaking bolts.
                  1989 325i S50 swapped
                  2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by bumada View Post
                    I can lend a hand as well. Maybe have a little e30 parts install meet up. I enjoy drinking beers and breaking bolts.
                    definitely down for that!!!

Comment

Picked it up today.

Comment

I should be around too. I'm right in Alexandria... done a lot of work on e30s like most of these guys.
                        What wheels are on that donor? I might want to make a deal on those if your not keeping them.

Comment

I'm in Nokesville (Manassas area) and would love to stop by and learn a thing or two, I'm in the middle of an engine swap.

Comment

Awesome guys! I really want to plan something as the weather gets better. Unfortunately I only have a 2 car carport so it's still kind of open to the elements for now.

What I may do is start removing pieces that aren't part of the swap to make some of my money back. I haven't posted a thread yet in the classifieds but the car has a good engine and interior (comfort seats in black, no rips) and a good dashboard (no cracks). Also the wheels and tires are in decent shape. Gotta figure out what thy are tho.

I

Comment

Sounds exciting. Let me know when you start doing major work. I'll look up some things about the swap that I may not know. I just finished an s50 swap into a 325i and would like to get better at messing around with these cars.
                              1989 325i S50 swapped
                              2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Working...
                              X