No announcement yet.

The dreaded 1990 325i auto sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the club, I had some clown tell me that my car was basically a rolling shell. I just about jumped through my iphone and punched that fuck face.

I happen to love my little automatic just as it is... Although I understand the fun factor from the manual. I will eventually move into the 5 speed and move out the automatic but not all of us have the luxury of spoiling ourselves with $1100 job when you got kids. I've driven manuals before and yes I agree that they are much more enjoyable to drive but when you got what you got then you make lemonade.
    Keep on rocking your auto, don't trip what anyone else says.
    I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
    1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Automatic for the people.

Personally, thank you, no, not for me,
      but when I get stuck in shitty traffic,
      I see the point...

but really, it's your car, if you like it, be happy.
      Just don't expect to be taken as seriously as the 6 speed S54
      at your next track day.

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Who cares? I hate 4 doors, should others not have 4 doors cause I hate them? No... It's their car, why should the opinion of one effect the reaction of another.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Maybe OP is upset he didn't get his participation trophy for owning an e30?
          My Garage
          2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
          1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
          1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
          Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by stonea View Post
            Maybe OP is upset he didn't get his participation trophy for owning an e30?
            No kidding, I was wondering what the point of this thread was..

Drama llama in effect.

Who gives a sh*t what anyone thinks. Are people really getting triggered when someone says the fact their E30 is an auto or a 4-door makes it terrible..

It's just words.

Man, our society has turned in to a bunch of butthurt tweens.

I'm sure people think all my cars are old junk, but I just don't give a damn. Every time I walk out to the garage and see them, it puts a big sh*t eatin' grin on my face.

OK, end rant.

If someone gets twisted again about what tranny your E30 has just reply: "Maybe so, but I can swap to a manual for $500, your face would cost a hell of a lot more." (tween comeback!)

:devil:
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Which reminds me,

We are selling a 4-door, Bronzit on tan vinyl 325i with an Automagic.. If that doesn't hit all the hate buttons, I don't know what does.
              2016 Ford Flex

Comment

i didnt swap it for an auto ... i am not that retarded. it is still the ultimate driving machine and it sometimes scares the shit out of me as i scream around corners...

skin is so thick boys...

nice to hear all the responses... thanks dudes... frankly i could care less what anyone thinks.... i wanted to see what you all have to say... i am in the market for another e30 but an ix this time with 3 pedals... and a ski rack.

peace
                Last edited by agent; 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM. Reason: merged double post
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Which reminds me,

We are selling a 4-door, Bronzit on tan vinyl 325i with an Automagic.. If that doesn't hit all the hate buttons, I don't know what does.
                  M10 automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    M10 automatic.
                    Touche.
                    2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I have owned my E30 meow just over 17 years.I have thought about switching over to a 5 speed a couple of times. So i bought a few manual E30's besides owning my semiautomatic at the same time. You really can't beat having a semiautomatic in traffic out here in SoCal. Anyways sold the manual E30's and bought a 72 El Camino with a 355sbc 450hp oh..............and it's a Semiautomaic. ;);););)
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

...yeah, driving around an El Co with a SBC and a 4-speed is not exactly fun around town. Did that for a while (though it was a '69) and it sucked after a few weeks.
                        2016 Ford Flex

Comment

I didn't necessarily hate my car back when it still had the auto in it. It really wasn't that bad. the fact that it was auto was one of the reasons I was able to pick it up so cheap. I can't say I would ever go back though. The swap was retarded easy thanks to this forum and the Real OEM web page, I had it done inside a day being lazy and drinking.
                          1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                          1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                          bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Everyone must hate me then... I'm looking for an e30 to slap my MT2 kit on and install my 4hp22-eh autotragic electronic-magic transmission.... the one with the selectable shift program.

Comment

id be very interested in looking at the options for 3 pedals...if you claim it's that easy
                              where is the link to the page that explains it?
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              '90 325i sedan daily driven
                              '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Just search it, there are probably 10 good threads covering manual swaps. But if you can't be bothered to look up that information it's likely that a manual swap wouldn't be easy for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X