M50 nv 2.9l stroker build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M50 nv 2.9l stroker build

So I'm attempting a 2.9 liter stroker build.

current parts are.....

s50b30 crankshaft 86mm stroke
    140mm con rods
    84mm m54b30 pistons

So i did the math to figure out displacement and it comes to 2.859 liters with current stroke and bore size. Plus with longer rods will give me a higher compression ratio and with lower ch pistons ill be .6mm below deck cause with a full rotating assembly from a m54b30 pistons sits 2mm below deck with my configuration with a 1.4 height difference ill be .6mm below deck like stated above. So my only concern is what do i use as far as tuning or is there a chip on the market for my.build to just plug and play and also of course use two m50nv intake cams one obv on intake side and one on exhaust side. Any suggestions from anyone about build will be helpful thanks.

science

Comment

something is wrong with your combo,

you are using a NV block which is 210mm tall, then 86 / 2 crank + 140 rod + 28.32 piston height = 211.32 so, 1.32mm over the deck.

use 135mm rods and m50tu pistons and you'll get 210.55

Comment

I have a similar motor. I use a NV ecu with Miller W.A.R Chip. It ran with just the NV ecu at first, but I pulled a lot more power out of it with tuning. You could also run mega squirt, which I'm no expert on.

Comment

The 1.7 hg will give me enough room im trying to run a higher compression thats the reason for the 140 rods im gonna put it all together and see where im at if its to close for comfort i have the 135mm rods with the m54 pistons ill post pics soon

Comment

Working...
          X