Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear air bag install, Front air bag strut build on a e30.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pm'ed u ro

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the tips Mike!

john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        Thanks for the tips Mike!

Clearly needs more low :D:D
        sigpic

Comment

Is that at its lowest in the rear ? I dont like the idea of cutting of those "nipples"...cant it go that low without cutting?

Great build !
          Brussels Finest - E30 Coupe

Comment

That is the lowest in the rear you can go . I can price bolt in setup from airlift for you. No cutting necessary.

Comment

Through where are you guys routing the air lines for the front bags?
              First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Through the car or Under the car it is up to you.
                I usually following the fuel/brake lines up front and run the passenger one across the subframe.

Comment

So, I've recently bagged my bronzit E30. I've had an issue where it's not quite sitting all the way down in the front. Pic for reference, anyone else had this issue at all?

*Edit, after reading through this thread a bit, finding that just making small trims in the front should help quite a bit.
                  Uh duh.

Last edited by Robs0nic; 05-09-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the dead thread bump but as far as camber plates does anyone have an
                    inclination of if these COSMO plates for "COILOVER AFTER MARKET MOUNTS" would
                    work with the Air Lift 75563 strut?

COSMO for aftermarket

COSMO for factory strut

Comment

Originally posted by 280zx2by2 View Post
                      Sorry for the dead thread bump but as far as camber plates does anyone have an
                      inclination of if these COSMO plates for "COILOVER AFTER MARKET MOUNTS" would
                      work with the Air Lift 75563 strut?

COSMO for aftermarket

COSMO for factory strut
                      http://www.cosmoracing.com/productin...d=301&pid=2085

you need the airlift specific plates for the struts unless you make adapters to fit aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                        you need the airlift specific plates for the struts unless you make adapters to fit aftermarket.
                        After getting the front struts in and taking a few measurements and from messaging Cosmo it looks like you'd need to machine the shoulder of the strut down .650" and die the threads .650" further. Also have to make a .866 length bushing with 14mm OD and 12mm ID (.039 wall) to account for the difference in the camber plate pillow ball and strut shaft.

Would the strut be fine running on the just camber plate like that or would some sort of thrust bearing need to be added? I can't remember how the coilovers on my old S-chassis used to account for rotation. I'll see if can get pictures tomorrow.

I may just go ahead and machine the struts, then if I decide to go back and install camber plates it will be a lot easier than trying to fit them on the mill with the spindle welded on.

Comment

Sorry to revive this old thread but I really really need those pic and they are not opening
                          Anyone by chance have them or can send them to me?

Comment

Working...
                          X