What maf should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WannaBe30 View Post
    Also the 3.5 is a lot less expensive usually and most chip tunes are for 21.5 injectors and 3.5 maf but I agree prolly no differ in performance
    I don't think you could say "most" of them are tuned that way, but rather they are available, which doesn't even matter. non-3.5" MAF tunes also exist.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
      http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...artno=54-10471

I think the main draw is that the 3.5" uses a heat foil (HFM) which measures more accurately and has a wider operating range.

For E30s I recommend people just stick with the M20 AFM unless they can get a known working and tested M30 AFM for cheap. As any AFM degrades over time, updating it with new(er) and better working hardware can be worth the price in itself.
      perhaps but does it really matter? does the timing and fuel accuracy of the DME increase along with the slightly better HFM accuracy (remember the DME is still ~1993 technology)? does the wider range benefit anything when you're unlikely to clip the stock sensor even with common bolt ons?
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Eh.
        That's about the best answer.
        Definitely better for forced induction however

Comment

Biggest reason I went with it is because of price and the tube I had available

Check the price of obd1 3" maf and then check the 3.5" you'll see

And if this thread upsets you so much about 3.5 being better stop replying so it will disappear again

I posted this up in November first... The first reply was less than a week ago

Comment

Working...
          X