New 2.9l stroker info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 2.9l stroker info.

So ive decided to do something a little diferent. Im going to use s50 crank with m52b28 pistons and rods m54 ended up being to low under the deck and i needed a higher compression ratio. So stock m50nv rotating assembly is 75/2+135+38.2= 210.7 so it sits .3mm below deck and thats according to bmw 10 to 1 cpr. And my larger displacment build 86/2+135+31.82= 209.82 which sits .388 below deck so compression will drop obviously. So i will get a mls hg that will sit be .1mm thinner than the stock hg and i will be up around 10 to 1 cpr again. Then all new hardware rings and gaskets and bearings and head bolts and new head hardware and it should be at the right hight so i dont have to worry about valves hitting piston tops and wont have to worry about running 93 octane all time sine my compression wont be crazy high and ill have my 2.9l displacement and get my miller war programmable chip or get 95 m3 ecu flash to get to work without vanos and i believe ews correct me if im wrong but not.to.sure about that part but my only dilemma know is should i use m50 vanos block and hear or nv for strictly motor and have no worries with vvt and i wont have to worry about detonation either. Sorry about such a long right up but i know people out there were saying something about more 2.9l strokers and here mine.is ill take pics and post them. Hope you all enjoy let me know if you have any questions. Straight 2.9l motor !

I was going to do something similar to this but I ended up going m30 instead of m5x. M52b28 crank with b25 non vanos pistons, rods, block and head. Gives you just under 2.8 litres but an 11.2:1 comp ratio.

I personally prefer the non vanos motor for its simplicity, and durability. Some have also said that its more willing to rev and you that nice muscular, lumpy idle you get without vvt is pretty awesome.

You really can't argue with the torque that vanos gives you though. Vanos will give you a lot more streetability

All depends on what your priorities are for this build.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    = Heidi 1988 325 -> 335i. 7200rpm built M30

Comment

Originally posted by totheredline View Post
      I was going to do something similar to this but I ended up going m30 instead of m5x. M52b28 crank with b25 non vanos pistons, rods, block and head. Gives you just under 2.8 litres but an 11.2:1 comp ratio.

I personally prefer the non vanos motor for its simplicity, and durability. Some have also said that its more willing to rev and you that nice muscular, lumpy idle you get without vvt is pretty awesome.

You really can't argue with the torque that vanos gives you though. Vanos will give you a lot more streetability

All depends on what your priorities are for this build.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
      I disagree about the revving part; owned both vanos and non vanos m50 cars; taken a NV and vanos engine apart as well.

the NV parts are quite a bit more metal than the Vanos parts (rods and pistons); they are heavier.

the NV cars seem more aggressively cammed and like to be spun higher to get to their power range; the vanos cars (besides M3's) have more mild cams.

m50nv idle doesnt sound nearly as cool as a M30b35 big six though; those lump and idle like killer sewing machines.
      OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Wanganstyle View Post
        I disagree about the revving part; owned both vanos and non vanos m50 cars; taken a NV and vanos engine apart as well.

the NV parts are quite a bit more metal than the Vanos parts (rods and pistons); they are heavier.

the NV cars seem more aggressively cammed and like to be spun higher to get to their power range; the vanos cars (besides M3's) have more mild cams.

m50nv idle doesnt sound nearly as cool as a M30b35 big six though; those lump and idle like killer sewing machines.
        M30b35
        ( f ; _ ; )f

Comment

Working...
        X