Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between early and late model pedal assemblies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between early and late model pedal assemblies?

Anyone have some insight? IE sells brass and delrin bushings for the clutch and brake pedal, but it's for "late models only". What's the difference?
    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
    1991 318is - Sold
    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

airbag and non airbag.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by ButtJuice View Post
      Anyone have some insight? IE sells brass and delrin bushings for the clutch and brake pedal, but it's for "late models only". What's the difference?
      FWIW the brake/clutch pedal assembly from my '86 325e (09/'85 build date) has a different style brake light switch then the brake assembly from my auto '87 325is (12/'86 build date).

The 5-speed 325e has a round hole for the switch, and the Auto 325is has a square hole. Also the wiring connectors are different.

Comment

sorry to bump this but can you put the delrin bushings into a early model 1986 325e foot pedals?
        has anyone does this yet?

Comment

Also sorry to bump this lol, but can you install an airbag pedal set into a non-airbag car?
          "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Too add to the confusion. Some late cars airbag and non airbag got a plastic clutch pedal.

My 91 318iS has a metal clutch pedal with no clutch pedal booster spring. My 87 has the booster spring..

Comment

Working...
            X