Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 'Craigslist find' thread - awesome & awful (eBay, Kijiji, etc.)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
    People who don't detail their whip before taking for sale pictures always kills me.
    whaaaaat!!??? that car is a fucking steal!!!! if only i had room for it.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
      whaaaaat!!??? that car is a fucking steal!!!! if only i had room for it.
      There are companies that will box up your car for you, probably an 80% reduction in volume. That should allow you to keep it around, but I hear that unpacking services are difficult to find.

Comment

For that much money, there are so many non-BMW choices out there.

Comment

We have threads for this.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Agent you nailed it recently drove feom Vegas to Santa Clarita car was filthy, guy had no idea what work had been done (bought it from an enthusiast a month earlier) and no gas. Car looked fantastic in pictures, said he had a folder of receipts, imside the folder was a Ralphs grocery store receipt! It was my fault I was overly excited about the car and did not due my normal due diligence. I did bring a mechanic who I bought a limited edition In n Out tshirt to reduce the sting!

Comment

1984 318i coupe m20 swap & bumper delete PNW

Very rad looking project if you're into quirky coupes. Has some kind of respray. If the seller is on the level, it appears to be in a very tantalizing middle stage of restoration for 3k !

I've been curious about custom bumper mods if anyone knows of some other looks that have been tried out. I really like the look of this one, reads like a bumper delete 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by luckybk View Post
                Very rad looking project if you're into quirky coupes. Has some kind of respray. If the seller is on the level, it appears to be in a very tantalizing middle stage of restoration for 3k !

I've been curious about custom bumper mods if anyone knows of some other looks that have been tried out. I really like the look of this one, reads like a bumper delete 2002.

New X pipe ?

Is the person running a dual exhaust setup? why would you use an X pipe on a bmw inline 6?

JP
                1984 533i
                1984 733i
                1985 325e
                1998 M3
                1998 318ti
                2008 335i

Comment

my 325iS 1990 model ran a dual exhaust.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have a x pipe on my E30. And duals back to a single Borla muffler.
                    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by wholepailofwater View Post
                      New X pipe ?

Is the person running a dual exhaust setup? why would you use an X pipe on a bmw inline 6?

JP
                      The OEM E30 exhaust on a 325 is dual so you could put an xpipe in there.

I have an Xpipe on my S54 in my e30, headers going into dual 2.25 inch section one, dual cats, X pipe to dual 2.25 pipes again into dual inlet E36 exhaust.

Its pretty common to put Xpipes on the S54 which is inline 6 to quiet the rasp.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Sounds good, got it!

JP
                        1984 533i
                        1984 733i
                        1985 325e
                        1998 M3
                        1998 318ti
                        2008 335i

Comment

Got three of my present fleet of four BMW s from Craigslist in the last two years.. 94 325i auto sedan, 97 m3 5 speed coupe and 99 528i just purchased last week...
                          Attached Files
                          Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Seems like good value at $5,500. It's a manual & has lots of new parts. Only 124k miles

1985 BMW 635csi - $5500 (Charlotte)

Selling my 1985 635csi. The car is in mechanically sound condition, I've taken it on many 3-4 hour road trips without issue. The motor and trans are in good shape and the clutch is strong. About $3500 in parts has recently been put into the brakes and suspension so it drives like new. These cars are rare, especially in a 5 speed, and this one has pretty low miles. It's entirely rust free besides a few small holes in the trunk from water leaking in.

The following parts have roughly 1000 miles or fewer on them:
                            Brake booster
                            Brake master cylinder
                            Brake accumulator
                            H&R sport springs
                            Bilstein B8 shocks
                            E31 front lower control arms
                            Front upper control arms
                            Front brake rotors
                            Front brake pads
                            Both rear axles
                            Short shifter
                            Ignition lock cylinder
                            Several vacuum hoses/intake boot
                            The lower front bumper was repainted and fitted with a custom LED foglight conversion
                            The ECU was just rebuilt
                            One of the crankshaft position sensors in the trans

With any car this old there are typical minor problems. The AC stopped working recently, the clearcoat is peeling in some areas and the interior isn't in great shape. The seal at the top of the gas tank is deteriorated, so the car will leak gas if filled to the brim. If you fill it 3/4 of the way, it does not leak. There is also a vacuum leak of some kind causing a rough idle on cold starts. Once the engine warms up, the car idles normally. These are the only issues I know of.

Dropped the price to $5500 to sell fast. Feel free to contact me with any questions or offers.
                            R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                            └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

That appears to be a great deal on the six series. I have had hit and miss luck with craigslist. That you got several is excellent.

Comment

I'm usually either selling or buying...!
                                Now on my 26th BMW...

Comment

Working...
                                X