Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

325IX restore and build continued(turbo, e34ix diff, DCT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you using to control the transmission? I apologize if I missed it in an earlier post of yours.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=162444

Comment

Originally posted by ahriley91 View Post
      What are you using to control the transmission? I apologize if I missed it in an earlier post of yours.
      Dkg ECU built by nisse Järnet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

One step closer, actually not much left all in all.

Its sitting lower then I'll run it but still not bad clearance with that trans

The only thing holding me back really from starting it is aluminum piping to rebuild my intake manifold, which is of course on back order, but theres still a bit more till its actually driveable but the list is getting smaller.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Also if anyone is interested I'm selling my old id1000 injectors. I used the for about a year.
          500 shipped

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

man this is going to be brutally fast once it's done... hopefully see it on a 1320video feature at some point
            sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Intake build attempt number 2

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Doesn't look like #6 is going to work out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                  Doesn't look like #6 is going to work out so well.
                  Ya it's a bit tight, I seam to see a lot of custom manifolds really tight at the rear cylinder though. I really want to add egt's to each cylinder then I would safe and adjust it if needed but I don't know if I'll get to that yet.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

+1 for that, I think it'll be starved of air.
                    What booster is that, stock iX?
                    Can you fit one of the smaller ones to the iXes?
                    sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

I have like a 1/2" of room, I could bump it out a bit more for a little more room. I'll look into that tonight before I start welding

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

It will make welding more complex, but I suggest "twisting" the plenum up around the booster to make more room around that trumpet.

Yeah, people build custom manifolds that way, but how often do they evaluate said manifolds for air distribution?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                          It will make welding more complex, but I suggest "twisting" the plenum up around the booster to make more room around that trumpet.

Yeah, people build custom manifolds that way, but how often do they evaluate said manifolds for air distribution?
                          I Iooked into that when I built the first manifold, the only thing I didn't like was it made the throttle body sit up very high and then ended up making the entire planum bigger to get everything were I needed it to be.

Here's a better pic of how much room it has in there, that other pic is a bit deceiving, I mean it's still pretty tight

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

sick. this is going to be so cool. I've kind of come to terms that the most logical solution for the IX making more power is a turbo setup.

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
                              I Iooked into that when I built the first manifold, the only thing I didn't like was it made the throttle body sit up very high and then ended up making the entire planum bigger to get everything were I needed it to be.

That's why I used the word twist rather than rotate... You'd have to rotate up the back portion while leaving the throttle where it is.

Comment

Intake all finished up and it runs again for the first time in 2 years!

I pushed that elbow back and out as far as I can for the 6th cylinder and i think it will do the job, eventually I'll run individual egt's and know more about how it flows.

Everything went smooth when I fired it up but of course I have an exshust leak right at the downpipe vband :( its gonna stay like that for a few weeks because I think the vband is warped and just needs rewelded.

Little more wiring and it will be ready to spin the wheels on jack stands soon.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X