Lachs Silver 1988 325 Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's Back!

The summer is ticking away quickly & I'm happy to report my E30 is back on the road and running amazing!

Some quick impressions:
    • The Z3 rack is amazing, it is so fast and so direct. The downside is there is zero deadzone on the highway, and if you're not use to it, it can feel a little high strung
    • The Ansa OE exhaust replacement is so quiet! Maybe too quiet
    • The automatic is soul-sucking
    • The Bilstein HD/H&R OE Sport combo has proven to be perfect for Seattle roads with the upgraded FLCAB.
    • Overall, very happy to be behind the wheel of a nicely running & driving E30 once again in my life!

Other updates:
    • Got the front & rear plastic bumpers installed with new euro trim
    • iS front lip is now mounted
    • Plastic front bumper mounted & turn signals properly wired up!
    • Got an OE Sunshade
    • Attained iS side skirts & a new (used) trunk that will be painted along with the side mirrors

1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
    SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
    Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Excellent work on the car!!

That being said, I don't know if it's a positive or a minus that you've taken an e30 out of my local city, either way I'm happy you're bringing it back to life! Good luck with it and hope all goes well!
      2016 F-150
      1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

I finally got around to taking some real photos of the car! Yesterday I spent some time with my Griots Garage 6" Random Orbital. I did a wash, clay & one step sealant on the car. On the hood, I used my BOSS correcting cream followed up with their Best Of Show wax. This is in the Montlake neighborhood of Seattle, WA, not far from my place.

*Getting a new windshield this week after it cracked and split in 24 hours last week!

SOLD

Comment

Cute kid! You should have your cluster redone with a US spec for practical reasons and keep the original on a shelf for the "purists"

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

What a transformation, Toby!! Awesome read too, btw!
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
              Cute kid! You should have your cluster redone with a US spec for practical reasons and keep the original on a shelf for the "purists"
              Good call! I got an "i" gauge cluster to use for when I swap in an i cylinder head & supporting mods. I'll have that one rebuilt by Bavarian Restoration with red needles and brushed aluminum gauge rings. I'll hold onto the SETA cluster though in case I ever do sell it down the road!

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              What a transformation, Toby!! Awesome read too, btw!
              Brad, I can't thank you enough for all of your help with the car. You're a good friend! I need to get up there soon to enjoy your new M's.

SOLD

Comment

August Update

I wanted to update everyone with the progress I've made this past month on my salmon saloon.
                • Installed a new throttle position sensor. This helped a little bit with some of the cold start/low idle issues I'm having upon start up. The car feels really hesitant low in the power band for the first minute or so of driving. It fully clears up after that. Going to try out new coolant temp sensors to see if that will help out. Is there a cold start injector on SETA cars?
                • Purchased everything needed for the "i" cylinder head "stroker" conversion minus the 885 cylinder head. I am leaning towards getting a Bimmerheads cylinder head with their 274 cams, 19 lbs. injectors and a supporting SSSquid chip for the 173 DME. Not pictured is the fuel rail, injectors & throttle body

• Going to have my Intake Manifold painted satin black & polish the roundel and lines out. I'll do the Valve Cover Gasket to match

• Sending off this "i" gauge cluster I picked up to Bavarian Restoration for the full refurb treatment. Also having brushed aluminum gauge rings installed, red needles and the odometer set.

• Purchased a new stereo off of Crutchfield for the car. Having this installed professionally tomorrow! Excited as the head unit has Siri, Pandora & Spotify integration. Washington State is now completely hands free. Good tunes and the ability to make calls will be a welcome upgrade for the car.

• Got a new windshield installed (not pictured). Never use MS Glass in Seattle. Horrible experience. They butchered and knackered up the new URO seal I ordered through Blunttech. Guy was horrible to deal with, didn't want to install my new seal and threw me a ton of shade for it. Worst experience with the car so far!

SOLD

Comment

What a transformation! I love it!!

Im aiming for the 5-speed swap before I get nuts with the cosmetic stuff, but damn yours looks so good it makes me question if thats the right approach
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

love how its going! I think everything been done very tastefully keeping it mostly OEM. looks like it will be a great daily.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      What a transformation! I love it!!

Im aiming for the 5-speed swap before I get nuts with the cosmetic stuff, but damn yours looks so good it makes me question if thats the right approach
                      I am also trying to source everything for a 5 speed swap. My goal is to have it in by the end of the year if all goes smoothly. Love seeing yours come up as well!

Originally posted by sert57 View Post
                      love how its going! I think everything been done very tastefully keeping it mostly OEM. looks like it will be a great daily.
                      Thanks! It is a really nice daily. Comfortable, compliant, yet sporty enough when the road opens up for a minute. I really enjoy having an E30 as a daily as I think it is just modern enough, yet provides a lot of feedback and connection to the road. I do sometimes get anxious though that some idiot will plow into me on their commute.

SOLD

Comment

Nice transformation!
                        Build Threads:
                        Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

More Pictures

I woke up early yesterday morning & washed the car. I took this photo set at the Google campus in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Lastly, I got the head unit installed at S3 Designs Garage. Greg did a killer install & wiring harness for it. I'm just on the factory Premium Speakers. I have to say they sound really decent for ~30 year old speakers!

SOLD

Comment

September Update

Hey R3V - I've been really happy with my E30 lately. The is running very well and treating me right. I recently got the antenna functioning 100% thanks to the team at S3 Designs. I have been taking the car on longer trips (Seattle to Bellingham, Tacoma, Portland) but have lately been commuting in a new toy.

It's an '03 Piaggio LT50. Not exactly the most masculine in transportation, but I can park it right in front of my office at any time of day, and it saves me the $214 a month I'd have to front for parking in our office. Honestly, I'm loving it. I am so sick of the BS roads, drivers and commute here in inner Seattle that this thing is a real treat. I can roast back streets and neighborhood roads you just can't normally take the liberty of doing in a car. For $750 I'm having a blast

For the E30 - the biggest update is I purchased a set of the correct 0269 anthracite sport seats! I've been trying to track down a set since I bought the car in May. I found a couple of other sets, and believe this set, for the price I paid is very nice. I'm going to have them professionally cleaned once they arrive. I'll post pics once they're installed.

Packed up & ready to go! They're on a Greyhound bus somewhere in the middle of America right now

I drilled/installed my painted OE sport rear spoiler

I installed smoked front turn signals. I'm digging the look.

Got a set of refurbished Bosch, Ford 19lbs yellow top injectors from Bimmer_Baron

Next up I really want to focus on the getting a 5 speed swap completed. I purchased a Getrag 260 with a known good flywheel & clutch. More to come here, hopefully by the end of the year.

SOLD

Comment

New Sport Seats

My OE 0269 anthracite sport seats showed up from Detroit, MI! I had them shipped Greyhound.

They're a little worse for wear through the shipping experience. I plan to use some of existing comfort seat fabric to tidy up the drivers side bottom seat cushion, however it's not bad at all. These seats are so comfy, I forgot how nice they feel!

I also spent a couple of hours time just cleaning/vacuuming and shampooing the carpets. Between the Mtech wheel, the new stereo and the seats the interior has become a very enjoyable place to spend time. I plan to it down to Eugene, OR this coming weekend for the Ducks v. WSU game with some friends!

SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
                                Got a set of refurbished Bosch, Ford 19lbs yellow top injectors from Bimmer_Baron

Next up I really want to focus on the getting a 5 speed swap completed. I purchased a Getrag 260 with a known good flywheel & clutch. More to come here, hopefully by the end of the year.
                                We're going through a very similar process!

Im about to order the same injectors from Bimmer_Baron also, what software are you using? Sssquid is the way Im going.

The current owner of the Aluminum Monster just installed a rebuilt driveshaft but will be going to a 6speed setup soon. I already committed to buying the G260 setup from him when he sells, so I will just continue to enjoy the auto until then... Theres also enough other stuff to keep me busy until then.

Have you checked to see what rear end your car has? I thought Id have the 4.10 with my auto setup, but I have a 3.73 ... open too :(
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X