• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

Comment

jack of all, master of. all.

Comment

Went to Florida for the weekend to surprise our friend on her birthday and got some time alone with the wife.

Finally got the news that after 606 days worth of foster care and court we finally get to have our foster be a permanent part of our family.

Took Monday off to do service work on both the dailys at my house. A couple oil changes, a PCV system swap, a motor mount, rear brake shoes, turned rotors and clean/re-grease my brakes.

Spent the evening after work on Tuesday and tonight to rough out the major parts of the damage on the Amazon. I’m not gonna go into detail on that work, I’ll just post the pics

Been an eventful seven days. Still have more pulling to do and then hammer/dolly and shrinking. It’ll be some more evenings

Comment

Sweet family pics. Congratulations!

Comment

Car looks good, better looking family! Congrats on the official new member!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            BMWCCA #389756

Comment

That straightened out pretty well. Did the insurance pay out?

Congrats on the family :)

Comment

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Originally posted by alistairolsen View Post
                That straightened out pretty well. Did the insurance pay out?

Congrats on the family :)

Not enough that I don’t have to do the work myself to make it right

Thank you!

Edit: they paid enough to repair the quarter panel and respray the quarter panel. I am of the opinion that a shiny quarter panel and the rest of the car patina’d is not a sufficient repair. Either lots of custom paint work would be required to patina the quarter, the whole car needs to be polished or the whole car needs to be painted.
                Last edited by adam.nonis; 03-28-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on the paper work finally coming through. It is bullshit it takes as long as it does for someone to officially be adopted. I am glad it ended with a happy ending.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Thanks guys. We just know that our family can offer him a great chance going forward, so we’ll do what we do. Pretty sure I’m gonna grab some beer on my way home from work tomorrow and keep tugging on the metal until it’s not appropriate for me to be making noise anymore. I need to have primer on it by the end of the weekend whether it’s got filler on it or not. Supposed to rain pretty much all of next week.

Comment

So much more still to do. Enough for tonight though. I was feeling really overwhelmed by the scope of what I have to do to this thing early today and was a bit discouraged, but I forced myself to go out and start moving metal again. I’m glad I did. At least I made some progress. Tomorrow’s another day.

Nothing cool is easy and nothing easy is cool.

Comment

Mental note, don’t leave the gel coat tip in the primer gun. Good thing this needs to be knocked back a bunch still.

I only had it roughed in with 36g, but the weather this week is spotty, so I needed primer on it today. Pretty much the whole quarter has at least a skim of filler on it, but I didn’t have to “sculpt” anything, so I’m good with it. Still need to mess with the transition between the upper radius and the flat, but I think it was that way before as well. Not bad for another “driveway shop” project.

Comment

So did you decide on a color yet?
                          How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
                            So did you decide on a color yet?

Chamonix White

Comment

Beautiful addition to a solid family, good progress on the car!

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
                                Not bad for another “driveway shop” project.
                                You really are too good. People rarely even pay for this level of repair.

Comment

Working...
                                X