No announcement yet.

Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interesting thing was that I flew twice out of Newark, NJ (one of the busier hubs in the country) and I thought security and whatnot was actually better and getting through the security checkpoint was actually more efficient than prior to the shutdown. This could be because fewer people were flying, but I felt like congratulating the TSA employees after getting through both times for a job well done, especially under the circumstances.

I also didn't see (or at least didn't perceive) any drop in security personnel around the airports that I flew through on either occasion (Newark, San Diego, Houston, Honolulu).

I know they threatened the possibility of a strike, I can't imagine what would have happened if they actually did went through with it.

I don't believe we'll see another shutdown because the result would be the same, so it makes no sense to either side to rehash what has already been done. I do, however, feel as though we may see more of these temporary spending measures to create more time for them to create compromise of border security and immigration.

In effect it is as if they are running out of options besides creating a compromise. You can already see some of that developing by bringing the issues of DACA and pathways to citizenship into the discussion of a border wall and security funding.

Comment

Originally posted by goarmy View Post
      When I said said average Joe I spoke in the sense as he is just like one of us that can sit back, look at woman pass, drink a couple beers and talk shit about the playoffs.
      I just have to say we do not give the President the credit he deserves as one of the ultimate con-men there ever was. If you have wide portions of the public believing you are just a regular guy like anybody else, that is true talent right there. Truly amazing.
      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
        I just have to say we do not give the President the credit he deserves as one of the ultimate con-men there ever was. If you have wide portions of the public believing you are just a regular guy like anybody else, that is true talent right there. Truly amazing.

qft

Trump is the greatest con man ever.

Also, average joe? The man thinks you need id to buy a can of soup. in a market.

Know why? BECAUSE HE HAS NEVER BEEN IN A MARKET.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Sarah Sanders:

"God wanted Trump to become president"
          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
            Sarah Sanders:

To prove how gullible people are?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

wait, were we expecting her to suddenly have a grasp of constitutional law? i missed that memo
              past:
              1989 325is (learner shitbox)
              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
              1985 323i baur
              current:
              1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                wait, were we expecting her to suddenly have a grasp of constitutional law? i missed that memo
                It looks like she officially agrees that the US is now a theocracy. :devil:

With Trump in the middle of the table at the last supper and 7 apostles already indicted or in jail, I wonder who are the remaining ones on the list....
                Last edited by Massive Lee; 01-31-2019, 08:56 AM.
                Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  Sarah Sanders:

Well, god doesn't exist.
                  So, same as saying Gandalf, which is much more offensive to me. Don't sour the name of the white wizard.
                  I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                    Someone who actually reads the news.

This was wholly precipitated by the AFA-CWA and the ALPA basically saying, "You assholes get security and staffing back in the airports or we are striking."
                    I would be more worried about ATC than the TSA. Unions crying about a service that barely works is not only laughable but offensive.

note: I'm not pro-Trump but some fact checks I have to step in on.

Comment

Originally posted by GAbOS View Post
                      I would be more worried about ATC than the TSA. Unions crying about a service that barely works is not only laughable but offensive.

note: I'm not pro-Trump but some fact checks I have to step in on.
                      I agree, that's why I separated security and staffing.
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

so, how are those tax cuts working out for everyone this year?

past:
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:

Comment

Yes because people got to keep more throughout the year. Tax refunds are the savings accounts of fools

Yawn.......
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            so, how are those tax cuts working out for everyone this year?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...d-down-1158440
                            Not sure yet, waiting for my tax person to get back to me

I do know the increase per paycheck last year paid for adding my girlfriend to my insurance.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              Yes because people got to keep more throughout the year. Tax refunds are the savings accounts of fools

Yawn.......
                              If decay and I can be cordial, you can not be a condescending dick, right?

You aren't savvy by saying "see you gave the gubmint a tax free loan der der der" we all know that and you aren't Buffet. So take 23-27% off there Squirrelly Dan.
                              Last edited by z31maniac; 02-10-2019, 10:45 PM.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Yawn.......
                                you're talking to a guy who works 6-figure jobs while single with no kids and claims 8 exemptions and still gets a refund at the end of the year. i don't need your help with this game, dude, i know all the cheat codes for turbotax

it was a fair question- r3v is largely populated by middle-class dudes like us, and young kids discovering what their favorite sport coupe is- i want to know how the changes impacted us, since i am the former and used to be the latter
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X