Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    It was more of a hostile takeover.
    It was doomed from the start, the opening paragraph mentioned "synergies".

Comment

Wow. I knew Turner was bought out, but I didn't know all the details. I just bought a set of sport springs from them. Wish I'd known how bad it was, or I would've gone somewhere else. I also had NO clue that Pelican was bought out. Yes, I'm pretty sure the Porsche guys are very loyal to Pelican, and I bet they'll be thoroughly pissed if they find out it's been sold down the river, and quality goes down.

Comment

The quality you buy from ECS proves they outsource all of it to China. Such a shame. This isn't localized to BMW parts either. Everything these days continues to decline in quality to save a buck. It's profit over all and it's sad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Few years ago I ordered few parts for my 135 from ECS and had pretty good experience with them. I recently did few orders for my e30 ..... and never again

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            The quality you buy from ECS proves they outsource all of it to China. Such a shame. This isn't localized to BMW parts either. Everything these days continues to decline in quality to save a buck. It's profit over all and it's sad.

Not wanting to defend ECS as I think their service generally sucks, but they don't exactly outsource to China as far as I can tell. They buy the same parts that other vendors buy, but they do choose to offer some lower tier options that others do not.

Comment

Their website is good but their shipping can EAD
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I've been saying ECS sucks for years - welcome to the bandwagon. :p
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Steve and the guys at Blunttech are true blue, knowledgeable, and always willing to provide customer service and advice along with good prices.

They are also working on a new and improved website, which should make everyone happy.

No more cardboard male genitalia though. Those were the good old days.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                    Not wanting to defend ECS as I think their service generally sucks, but they don't exactly outsource to China as far as I can tell. They buy the same parts that other vendors buy, but they do choose to offer some lower tier options that others do not.
                    I'm pretty sure that story posted from the Operations Manger at Turner said they are outsourcing to Mexico and China.

All I know is in my experience some of the parts have been a little less than what I was expecting.

Will I stop using them? Probably not, but I most certainly am going to look for the thing I need somewhere else well before I visit ECS.

Comment

I always hated it because people who have no idea how to find BMW parts would constantly post "ECS has it in stock", when in fact, they do not have most parts in stock - they would have to order it from a dealer or distributor like anyone else.

They just cloned the ETK database and added a bunch of pretty pictures (the only thing they're good for) with "low" prices (and ass-rape shipping), so everyone hangs off their sack. Funny part is none of the guys who built the current site even work there anymore..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This is my feeling too. The layout and pictures of the website are what they do well. It's a facade of quality, but behind that facade it's obvious it's less than great.

I'm more than happy paying a little more for a quality part and smaller companies. I'm tired of the price alone dictating business.

Comment

^^ I'm with you. I like to know who, where, and where the bits are made.

On my Audi A4 engine rebuild, I bought individual OEM parts, plus system "packages" from ECS, with misc clamps, hoses, check valves, injector inserts, etc. "Assembled by ECS staff" says the description, with a handful of OEM bits in there. Ipd does the same thing with Volvo part kits.

Well, all of the plastic stuff in those kits was Chinese and very poor quality - I had a vacuum check valve break in half in 10 miles. The plastic injector inserts shattered trying to install them. Hoses were "Uro,"...we all love Uro...

So, I'm packing up all my part numbers and sending an email off to Blunt today.

Comment

I'm fairly proactive about getting parts made by quality brands. I've seen those "assembled by ECS" packages before, and as you found out, usually the parts in there are from lesser brands, and they make it quite difficult to find out what the brand is. I never bother with them.

Comment

What irks me is their wholesale deletion of information.

Initially when the Pelican purchase was made known, it was covered with a couple threads on Rennlist, on bimmerforums, and a couple threads on Pelican's own forums (including a reasoned response by the then-owner of Pelican). Those threads were ALL deleted (seriously, go try to find ANY news covering the acquisition during that time).

Thankfully bastions of free information like r3v remain largely independent of such tactics. Add revenue is the lifeblood of larger forums who have sold out.
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

There is a facebook support group for ECS victims

Come in and grab some coffee or tea for you British guys. Tell us how much you love ECS. Share your incredible stories about the fantastic customer service and super fast shipping.
                                Originally posted by Sonny
                                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Working...
                                X