X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coilover / 5-lug Q *Rephrased*

*Completely Revised*

Hello again,

What I should have originally asked is this - I'm interested in going coilovers on an e30 and want to run a 5-lug set-up. What would be my best approach?

Should I weld e30 coilovers on e30 m3 spindles? e30 coilovers on e36 spindles? e36 coilovers on e36 spindles?

other info: I intend to do a e36 steering rack swap and custom brakes (most likely Willwood). My concerns lie in which steering knuckle, control arms, and offset.

many thanks,
    - Colin
    Last edited by cwatt; 10-31-2013, 09:12 AM. Reason: Rephrased Q

If you search you'll see its not that simple. They're was a guy selling conversions which did just that. Not something you can do yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

And the conversion is crazy expensive.
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Comment

What are you using the car for?

Read this, many opinions in there: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304008
          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
            What are you using the car for?

Read this, many opinions in there: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=304008
            Wheels. It's all about wheels.

I'm going to buy coilovers one way or another, so if I'm going to to spend the money I may as well open up my wheel options at the same time.

Comment

I'd suggest that there are more wheel options at 4x100

Comment

E30 m3 setup with gc coils, or e36m 5 lug with the gc bastard kit
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

E30 coilovers

I'm currently fitting E46 coilovers to my E30. What's required for the swap is to machine the struts out of the hubs, and the coils lower part can be slid in and welded intheir place. If you search for #e46coiloversone30 on Instagram, there is a fella on there who's already done it with pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Skon990 View Post
                    I'm currently fitting E46 coilovers to my E30. What's required for the swap is to machine the struts out of the hubs, and the coils lower part can be slid in and welded intheir place. If you search for #e46coiloversone30 on Instagram, there is a fella on there who's already done it with pictures.
                    What? So it's an e46 shock+spring & still e30 4-lug?? Or e30 shock+spring & e46 5-lug?? Doesn't seem like the best way to do it lol. e36 m3 swap is where it's at.
                    "Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain." - My Cracked Dashboard

Comment

Working...
                    X