No announcement yet.

S54 to E30 wiring information thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

technically, it can be anything other than 02. The code only compares K_V_CONTROL to 02 for the branch conditions. You could use 03, FF, etc and it would work. BMW probably uses 01 to be consistent.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Just to help others find it, but if needing to work on your own DME flashing follow this. The OP states "flash this or that out" and this includes that.
      Mss54/hp dme swap modifications

And

MSS54 Cruise Control in E30
      Last edited by R3Z3N; 11-22-2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
        15. Sport button switch [ this wire receives momentary ground signal to turn on sport mode, I rigged E36 ASC switch for this,]
        16. Sport button switch LED light [ mss54 sends ground signal to the 12v LED to indicate that sport function is turned ON, I rigged the E36 ASC switch bulb to work, all though you can barely see the light, better option would be to install just the LED bulb in the cluster]
        Hello.

I have integrated the "OBC toggle button" on the E28 wiper stalk (press the end of the stalk) to toggle sport mode on my S54 swapped E28. It was super easy to connect to pin 15 of the DME via this connector by the steering column.

I am attempting to wire up the indicator. I plan on driving a standard 12v bulb behind one of the unused indicators in the cluster.

In testing, I discovered that pin 16 is only driving 4V when sport mode is on, not 12V as noted above (although the wording is not super clear).

Questions:

1) Can someone please confirm that I should be seeing 4V on pin 16 and not 12V when sport mode is on?
        2) What's the most straightforward way for me to get a circuit that takes that 4V and switches on 12V? I know enough to figure it out myself, but am hoping someone can suggest something off the shelf that might save me some time (like an existing relay device from some other application).

Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

X60004 Pin 16 for the sport mode LED is a triggered ground. It "closes" the circuit, does not provide power. You will be supplying power from 12V Switched power of choosing, whether you pull from something in the stock wiring, or create a relay as I did using the aux fuse box in the E30. I did not wire mine the same as the stickied DIY in the forum, but if starting from scratch, it would be easier to do as I drew up.

Great idea to use the OBC stalk function for sport mode! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
            X60004 Pin 16 for the sport mode LED is a triggered ground. It "closes" the circuit, does not provide power.
            How do you explain that I see 4V on Pin 16 when Sport Mode is on then?

Comment

Did you have your dme in E46 or E36/7 mode. I had issues with E36/7 mode, sport mode was wonky and I believe the led pin changes how it works.

Comment

Still in E46 mode until I am confident I have the wiring setup.

I now have a no-start situation. Everything clicks and I can hear the fuel pump for a few secs, but it does not crank. Arrrrg.

Comment

Working...
                X