No announcement yet.

Exact e30 production numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone made a breakdown by exterior and interior color for the 325i and 318i like the 325iX in this thread?: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...ght=Production

I want to know how many Sterling silver E30 coupes were made for North America. Specifically 325i sport manuals. By interior color, black or silver/gray, would be rad too. 318is also. I read it's the rarest color for a US M3 (89 total according to this thread) and looks pretty rare for an iX too.
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

For 1991, Hagerty says 3873 318iS cars were made. 3063 318i 4 doors and 1062 318 verts.

Comment

According to your chart there are only 36 1991 325iX's?

According to the thread link'd above there are 341 for the US...

1989-1991 BMW 325ix Sedan Automatic (1503) - NA

1988 - 4 US / 15 Canada
        1989 - 1,229 US / 340 Canada
        1990 - 155 US / 36 Canada
        1991 - 341 US / 20 Canada

Comment

those are production years, not model years. They are also worldwide.

The numbers you've quoted are only for manual sedans in North America, and are by model year.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            those are production years, not model years. They are also worldwide.

The numbers you've quoted are only for manual sedans in North America, and are by model year.
            Im not sure that clarifies it

Comment

The numbers posted in this thread are by production year. 1991 = a car that was produced in 1991, not a 1991 model year.

The ix thread lists them by model year. My ix is a 1991 model year, but it was produced in 10/1990 - so it's part of the 2256 cars produced in 1990, not the 36 produced in 1991.

Third, you only quoted one subset of ix production numbers from the other thread - manual 4-doors for north america. The numbers in this thread are worldwide production. There are also auto/manual 2 doors and auto 4-doors. There were 341 manual 4-doors for the 1991 model year, but most of them were *produced* in 1990 (all but like 10 if I remember correctly).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Really, why should we care about exact production break downs? It's not as if we have some immensely collectible vehicles, but rather common entry level BMWs.

Comment

Thanks Nando,

Mine is also a 10/90 car. I now understand what you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

Toaster - This is what nerds do. No one really cares how many Airbus A319's are in American Airlines fleet but there will always be one that decided it was important to know.

Comment

Whats your serial #? More than likely, our cars were produced together - they didn't make a whole lot at the end of the year. mine is ED52952.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                    X