Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**SOLD** 1989 325i S50 Swap, New Pictures Added 3/16, Videos Added

SOLD!

I've decided to put up my s50 swapped e30 for sale. It has a clean title and is located in San Diego.

Link to video clips: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCezhJVQlBvUR5-u8ch6IOYQ

EDIT: Price lowered to $9k and car now has a fully working cluster and rust free trunk lid.

THE GOOD STUFF:

The swap was done by myself with the help of a couple of friends while the motor rebuild and all machine work was done by a reputable local machine shop.

I purchased the engine and transmission from a totaled 1995 M3 and was expecting to just refresh the cooling system and basic seals/gaskets and swap it in. However, upon opening the motor, I found a few of the cylinder walls to be scored beyond the point that a hone would fix so I had the engine completely torn down and rebuilt. The block was bored out to accept s52 pistons with a s52 crankshaft. It received of course all new rings and bearings. The rods were rebushed and the entire rotating assembly was balanced before reassembly. The oil pump nut is safety wired. The head was rebuilt also and includes s52 valve springs and retainers.

Aslo installed a new clutch kit before swapping into the car, along with complete shifter bushing kit and z3 short shifter.

It has an e30 M3 driveshaft and a 2.93lsd.

Stock s50 headers and midsection, mated to a UUC Corsa RSC36 catback which sounds awesome!

It's running on a Turner chip with 3.5" maf and 24lb injectors, and has a Castro Motorsports intake box/kit.

Worn suspension parts were replaced and it's sitting on the common H&R Race/Bilstein Sport combo.

It originally had beige comfort interior, but I've swapped in black sport seats and black rear seat with ski pass, along with black door cards and gray carpet. Also installed an M-tech 2 steering wheel. Aftermarket stereo with polk audio speakers and an enclosed 8" polk audio sub in the trunk and alpine amps.

Installed brand new complete lock kit including igntion, doors, glovebox, and trunk with full set of keys.

Installed factory IS lip and sideskirts.

Since the swap and all associated work was done, it has a (high) estimate of 5k miles on it. It doesnt get driven daily and goes sometimes a week or more without being driven. When I do drive it, its a quick trip as I live less than 5 miles from work.

THE NOT SO GOOD STUFF:

It has not been BAR certified. All the emissions equipment is present but I haven't taken it to get certified.

I swapped in a crackless dash but it has since developed a couple of cracks.

There is a small dent in the driver side rear quarter just rear of the door. It also needs paint. Its mostly in fair condition but there are areas where the paint is peeling and there is a rust spot on the end of the trunk lid. (simply replacing the fender and trunk lid could fix this, which i still may do before selling if I can find them in good condition)

The cluster needs work. It only partially lights up sometimes, the odometer gears are broken and the tach recently stopped working.

I originally planned to have the car resprayed and the cluster refurbished, but I ended up spending way more on the swap than expected due to the engine rebuild.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM.

EDIT: 3/16/19 Updated pictures with replaced trunk lid and all tint removed.

Last edited by e30style; 04-04-2019, 07:29 PM.

I believe there is someone in your area looking for an S50 swap I will see if I can find the post and add your link to it

Comment

Would be interested in car if it could pass Cal Bar. Even if it fails, it would be good info to know where it stands and what it needs to pass.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Nice

what are the specs on the wheels and tires? Look perfect :)

17 x 8?

215/40?

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
            what are the specs on the wheels and tires? Look perfect :)

17 x 8?

215/40?
            17x7, 215/40

Comment

Bump

Comment

bump, price drop..$10k

Comment

Is the AC functional?

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboy50 View Post
                    Is the AC functional?
                    No. Lines are there, no compressor. I just never felt the need for AC.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump, reduced to $9500

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by e30style View Post
                            17x7, 215/40

Brand wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bump
                              Last edited by e30style; 03-01-2019, 10:57 PM. Reason: Update post

Comment

Working...
                              X