• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body Kit FTW. Should have stacked bricks up front hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
      vid or gtfo
      it came off this morning on the drive home from work hahaha... will put back on today and try to get a vid

Comment

Stupidest thing I've done to my E30?

Bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by evandael View Post
          Stupidest thing I've done to my E30?

Bought it.

Comment

Quite a while back when I was diagnosing a missfire with my old Subaru WRX, I was changing the spark plugs, and those of you who know Subaru's there's not much room between the frame rails and spark plug openings. Hell, to get the coil pack out, you have to unplug it, and pull while rotating it 180 degrees to get it out. Anyway, I used a ratchet with a plastic switch that sat on the head... (bad choice)

I kept cranking back into the frame rail rather then disconnecting the ratchet and undoing it by hand. since the switch was on the top and was fairly worn down/shitty I wasn't able to get it to switch directions.

A lot of stress, and two hours later I was able to cram a small angle grinder into the tight area, cut off the handle of the ratchet and re thread in the plug and remove it the right way. Ruined the grinders motor cutting through the chrome vanadium, and even worse, the plugs were fine.

I'm still young so I have time for dumb stories, but I don't think I have had many others really, not yet at least!

Check out my Alpine's DEAD build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=348571

E36 M3 Build thread http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=597637

Comment

I was driving my dad's 1990 VW Golf and one night we crammed 8 people into it. Good times!

One Halloween, I was driving my GF's car (AMC Eagle... I know, total POS), and I'd forgotten to turn the lights on (the previously mentioned Golf had DRLs), and we (myself and 3 buddies) got pulled over. The one buddy was dressed in drag for Halloween. When asked where we were going, I pointed to him and said "His house." Cop looks with his flashlight, looks back at me, and asks again. I repeated the same answer. Cop looks again into the back, laughs, reminds me to turn the lights on, and says "Have a good night." while he was walking away shaking his head. We lost it and laughed for a good bit before we could start off again.

When driving with buddies, we'd sometimes yell random things at pedestrians. Nothing really mean or offensive, just nonsensical. We'd love the reactions from some people.

Never done any dumb mods - I hate that shit.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

bump
                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

I was 20. I had the front of my rx8 up on jack stands. Wanted to see if the new ignition coils I just put in were installed correctly. Turned it on, let off the clutch, and it jumped forward off the jack. One of the jack stands went through the floor.

Rough.

It cost $900 to repair that hole. Lol.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

great thread right here.....my first car when i turned 17 was a 1988 monte carlo ls. my parents got it for me from our neighbors son after she passed. this was 2004 and the car had 38000 miles on it. it was basically new. she had kept it immaculate.

of course it was an ls and not an ss so it wasnt good enough for me. by the time the car hit 90000 miles it didnt have a straight body panel grill was gone, was covered in rust and stickers, dash was cracked rear had been replaced from jumping, had ro roll the windows down to open the door from the outside...etc basically i beat a beautiful car into the ground for no reason.

its not that i didnt have fun with it...but it was just a waste of a clean car. one thing did happen in that car that changed how i drive.....i would always hit this particular bridge faster and faster and see how far i could jump. one time with friends following me i went anout 90 and got about 4 feet off the ground for a couple car lengths. i thought i was so cool.(see above...new rear) well about a week later some kid hit my same bridge jump and landed on 2 people, killing one. it was a 25mph zone and the landing was blind. if that hadnt happened i would probably have killed myself in a car by now.

Comment

having a complete mental breakdown in fall 2007, flipping my 325es and failing out of college
                      My Feedback

Comment

For some real-time bad decision making, go see that Honda engine swap thread.
                        '91 325i

Comment

Working...
                        X