No announcement yet.

Hartge Japan 3piece 16” staggered set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just purchased old stock from a local person. Got me all curious. Mine are brand new but the boxes are definitely old (they've been sitting in storage for years). Says the same "Hartge Japan" but mine are 16x8 4x114. The boxes have stamped mo/92' on there. The boxes look legit to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
      Might I recommend better and more photos of the wheels. Preferably in their own album and not just mixed into your Flickr.

For this kind of money, there should be photos of the front and back of each wheel at least.
      ^^ This!
      I've actually owned a set of these and can confirm that they are not of replica quality. I sold them on this site about a year and a half ago for roughly what the OP is asking. Japan has some of the highest quality vintage BMW's. I find the response from the Germans very strange as Japan has some extremely harsh counterfeit regulations/laws.
      Last edited by getouth; 01-30-2018, 10:44 PM.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Originally posted by getouth View Post
        ^^ This!
        I've actually owned a set of these and can confirm that they are not of replica quality. I sold them on this site about a year and a half ago for roughly what the OP is asking. Japan has some of the highest quality vintage BMW's. I find the response from the Germans very strange as Japan has some extremely harsh counterfeit regulations/laws.
        Thanks, I believe I updated the flickr link to give you all pics of the wheels. I am happy to take more if someone is truly interested in purchasing.

Comment

To the Top

Comment

That's a very very interesting topic as it happen that I have the exact same Hartge Japan wheels for my M3!

5x120
            16x7.5J ET16 
            16x8.5J ET22

I'm going to do more research but i can see only 2 conclusion:

1) Hartge did not protect his trademark in Japan in the 90's and someone was able to create a "Hartge Japan" and the made a copy of the original Hartge

2) Hartge gave in the 80's or 90' the authorization to someone in Japan to create a batch of Hartge Japan rims for the local market. But who know if Hartge Germany remember that?

-> For e.g because of regulation Hartge will have to have welded rims and not 3 pieces as in others markets

If you look a this Hartge H5SP for the japanses market, it looks that it has the "Hartge Japan" rims for e.g: http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/199...couver-canada/

Tx

William
            Last edited by xilly; 02-07-2018, 07:24 PM. Reason: add pictures

Comment

Not sure if Japanese Hartge wheels are the real deal, German Hartge wheels have the valve on the outer lip not on the center part.

Last edited by Replicam3cabrio; 02-07-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

yes i agree they are different:

1) valve on the outer lip not on the center part
                2) 3 parts vs welded

But hartge will have not been able to sell their car with 3 pieces parts in the 90's

Wondering if we can find a documentation of Hartge in Japanses

Another possibility is to keep looking for Hartge sold in Japan and looks at the rims.

Last edited by xilly; 02-07-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Hartge Germany has nothing to do with these cars. "Hartge Japan GmbH"...GmbH being the german equivalent of LLC IN GERMANY doesn't make much sense for a company in Japan. I don't have a dog in this fight but these are not legit Hartge's in my mind as they are not made by OZ or Ronal.

My buddy has that H26 E30 325i imported from Japan and while it has some Japanese stickers on it, the car's plaque shows "Hartge Motorsport" with serial number and weights.
                  Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-07-2018, 11:47 PM.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I've been searching for a set E30M3 fitment in 16, and have come across a few sets of Japanese version, but they don't convince me, I am really after a set of German ones made by OZ racings.

Comment

Replicam3cabrio

I used those 16" Hartge Japan on my M3 and never had any issues with them

Quality is quite good

W.

Comment

I myself don't think the Hartge Japan are replicas. They're very light weight and looks quality built (even a local rim shop said the same.) I have NOS wheels and took plenty of pics. Shows the "Hartge GmbH" on the box. Japanese writing. Even the wheel covers had "HARTGE". The box shows 3 types of bolt patterns they offered "4x100, 4x114.3, and 5x120" If you guys and the OP is interested, I can post pic of the box/wheels/stickers on the rims still.

Comment

Originally posted by xilly View Post
                          Replicam3cabrio

I used those 16" Hartge Japan on my M3 and never had any issues with them

Quality is quite good

W.
                          It's not the quality, I just can't get used to the location of air valve, is a very unusual place for it, to me is either on the outer lip or invisible like the Alpina.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicam3cabrio View Post
                            It's not the quality, I just can't get used to the location of air valve, is a very unusual place for it, to me is either on the outer lip or invisible like the Alpina.
                            It's a 90 degree valve to make the valve look like a rivet

Comment

These are still for sale and I’ll throw in the tires, looks like I’ll have a tax bill this year.

So I’ll cut my losses

Comment

I bought those wheels and had them refinished straighten etc. as far as I know they came on Japanese market Hartge's as per this booklet..

btw, you still owe me $250 buddy

pic b4 refinishing them back in Hawaii's east coast.

obviously this wheels are older than some of you guys, so deffently not the copies running around. and they are 3 piece welded to 2 as per JDM regulations, all of my SSR's are also welded., that's the way they are in Japan.

Just a place to share E30 Hartge information. Hanya tempat untuk berbagi informasi E30 Hartge . E30 Hartge bilgileri paylaşmak için sadece bir yer Просто место для обмена информацией E30 Hartge .

here's a few more pics, i still own the greys 4x100's 16x7 and the staggered 5x120's
                                notice difference on 5x120 lips.

16x7 et25 4x100

16x7 and 8 4x100 before refinishing ...

and the 5x120's as went e30/m3 5 lug swap, ;)

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/LuybIXZnWlz1rJwApzFvtXgqS9PiR0wlk1sNVdSjW8sHNNu0Rc 7Wc-_RQ0bbE-i6eWC1-b3-xsCn3qzr0UC-hxcq3eW7XTkUC-DjKZlvp36yfOr_5zwJXHWCjHAXUqWPWZ4b496y0kbWhGu0cI2F _x-yqrkOdiUKSQaSvTnYWE34TUQyJVofweNVIVTQ7NtQJAlfMRQhG ax_4CipDc5PNptU4J3A66afoO2zQ7azlh1K162i6F8EnTURRSH 06Ef8R0MoBCcolslMsIfHE11FQmhE93ER0Jx_e2gE1Qf66n_Sq iOjOTsjUdoHw27LI5TSNqx8DeY9hB9qMzxdbQ0duxdA5-F8ceOSUGxRO52eoDPF4Xlk2lFg8bdaT1JaV-dEZD8wc4gjx8rgB2F3pr47Ts4Dv-Yyrm0l3NWPNacP7u6BWMqvkTJecjOrDg3LKQVr7JODwQh-J1g6whzBmrCvzWCCWEwYblZcV5JelRd5iFQIV-4rqERJfQCgFd6FcYxwbh3KmEN8X7-8cPduaemi3DSaul3LDbpwQG11CvlzSkjSXHNfjlA07laDn6PWV QwAG2koq8WA9f5vgVvMGVXFea8dDBcwjU3u6S8Y7PO6AFoMI5z vA-TGIsRXs6u0FS90jHvtL-nRdFfy1WQATLw=w2500-h1406-no[/url]

lastly wheels in question once again ...
                                Last edited by fporro; 01-15-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X