Buying Out of State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Out of State

Hi Guys. I am looking into purchasing an E30. The problem I am having is that here in Wisconsin all of the cars are rust buckets. I'm capable of doing allot of mechanical work, but I can't do body work, so I'd like to keep it rust free if possible. Any suggestions on buying out of state? I was thinking of looking in the South West and West Coast. I'm not to particular about 2 vs 4 door, however I want the M20B25 and manual transmission. Does 5K sound like a reasonable budget? Thanks.
    --Jason

You can definitely find a decent 325i with 200k is miles for 5k in Los Angeles. Arranging shipping will be tricky because most likely it'll be Craigslist. Perhaps someone you could arrange with a local la mechanic or a r3v member to ppi is and make sure it got on a trailer. You'd pay em of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

California is the mother land for BMW on this continent.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG View Post
        California is the mother land for BMW on this continent.
        Pretty much. I bought my e30 in Sacramento.

I'm surprised I don't see more e30s for sale here in the Southwest. Not sure of the reason. My guess is the lower population, but I see a shit on of later model bimmers on the roads down here.
        90 Bronzit 325is
        16 Black Sapphire 340i M Sport

Comment

Looking at cars 30 years old from CA or wherever, these cars have "mostly" had a few owners, and have lived in ??? places?
          You MUST have someone who can look for rust....Carfax, although not perfect can at least give you a clue about it's life...
          And I agree, the major problem is RUST....(just about anything else can be "fixed")
          BMWCCA 12660

Comment

Working...
          X