Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S52 A/C install - evap-to-drier line too short?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S52 A/C install - evap-to-drier line too short?

My car's at the shop for an AC retrofit on my swap car. The shop just called to tell me the stock line from the evap to the drier is too short. That makes no sense to me... these are both E30 chassis parts that should be unchanged with the S52 swap.

They're referring to #5 here: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=64_0529

It's the hard line that goes from the firewall to the drier. They're saying its 3-4 inches too short to connect.

Has anyone had a similar issue? I'm going in tomorrow to talk it over with them to see if we can figure out a workaround. My guess is the lines under the dash and/or the drier just needs to be repositioned a bit to give us more slack.

TIA
    M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

that line stays the same, so that shop doesn’t know what they are talking about. Both lines that connect to the drier are unchanged when doing 24v AC in an e30.

You change/modify the line that goes from the compressor to the evaporator and the compressor to the condenser.

That’s it AC line wise, you may be right about the slack with the lines under the dash, otherwise I’d find another shop lol

Comment

Thanks dude, found out we just needed to reposition the lines under the glovebox. Good lord...
      M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Working...
      X