Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Cluster Orange Thingy

Hello All!

This is my first post on here, i recently got a 91' 318i with some mods. im in the process of replacing all the lights in the car to bring the interior up to date a bit, im replacing all of the instrument cluster lights as well, and when i opened up the cluster, one of the main bulbs that lights the cluster has this weird orange casing on "inside" of the cluster (Pics included). One of them is almost completely melted and had almost seized the bulb in the slot, and the other has some noticeable bubbling occurring, and it looks like the same is going to happen it aswell. I was wondering if anyone knows where i can order these from (need x2), or has a part #? I checked Real OEM and i didnt see anything like it in the diagrams.

Thanks in Advance!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190116_162452new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	7254578

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190116_162527new.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	7254579

Welcome! And congrats on your E30. Those covers typically come with the control board and aren't available separately (at least that I've found). You're best bet is on the classifieds here, or eBay (google "E30 cluster light cover") to find something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/BMW-E30-Instr...7365614&chn=ps

Also, replace both bulbs with stock ones, whatever is in that cluster now is wrong if it's getting hot enough to melt the cover.
    sigpic

ClassicBimmerBits.com

Garage:______________________________________
    -1989 Alpinweiss II 325i - Other Daily Driver
    -1989 Zinnoberrot 325i - Daily Driver
    -1974 2002 - Weekender
    -1989 325ix - Totalled :(
    -1981 320i - Sold
    -1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by SethB View Post
      Welcome! And congrats on your E30. Those covers typically come with the control board and aren't available separately (at least that I've found). You're best bet is on the classifieds here, or eBay (google "E30 cluster light cover") to find something like this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/BMW-E30-Instr...7365614&chn=ps

Also, replace both bulbs with stock ones, whatever is in that cluster now is wrong if it's getting hot enough to melt the cover.

Ofcourse its that simple. Thanks a lot! Im buying the Osram 3W bulbs so that should do the trick.

Comment

Sure thing! haha, sometimes knowing what to search for is the hardest part. Cool, you should be in good shape with those bulbs.
        sigpic

ClassicBimmerBits.com

Garage:______________________________________
        -1989 Alpinweiss II 325i - Other Daily Driver
        -1989 Zinnoberrot 325i - Daily Driver
        -1974 2002 - Weekender
        -1989 325ix - Totalled :(
        -1981 320i - Sold
        -1986 Porsche 944 Turbo - Sold

Comment

ive got some available.
          cheap.
          pls pm,
          & yes it may be because there melted, hd lights been fitted ?

Comment

Working...
          X