Sound clip request: Dinan M42 318is catback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound clip request: Dinan M42 318is catback

I recently discovered these were available and came across one in person.
    I saw that one 1991 318is that was sold on BAT was also equipped with one.
    The one I heard was equipped with Dinan but had the cat removed. It was loud, raspy. Were these supposed to be quiet? My car has the dynamax super turbo and to me it’s loud, slightly louder than the cat less Dinan but not raspy at all.
    I am considering getting a super sprint, heard they were pretty quiet on the m42. Not sure about the ones made new.
    Should the Dinan be not so loud? Anybody happen to have one, sound clip?
    I had called Dinan, they informed me a muffler, chip, throttle body, and springs were sold for the e30 318is when they had parts.

I have a supersprint on my 318is and its quiet until about 4500rpm, no drone and just a pure performance 4cly noise. it is definitely worth the premium.
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Is it an older supersprint or the new ones they make? I have no idea if they are any different.
      Curious about the discontinued Dinan though, owner that has it doesn’t like the raspiness of it. Would like to know if it’s supposed to be like that or quiet like a supersprint at low rpm.

Comment

Working...
      X