• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e or i?
    working progress...

Comment

Originally posted by dantes View Post
      Anyone a working fuel pump for an 89 e30?
      Died on me today on my daily driver.

I have a good barely used pump for an '89 325i. I'm near Oak Park.

Comment

Fuel Sender- passenger side

Hi Trent, ended up with a new pump from amazon, But now I’m looking for fuel sender passenger side, mine was damaged, the internal wires (resistance) broke.
        Do you have a spare one?
        If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy.

Comment

Hey fellas after looking at the DIY for the timing belt and water pump. I just don’t have the time or tools to tackle this by myself on a weekend. Can you guys recommend any shops in the Chicagoland area? Preferably someone you’ve gone to for similar repairs or a trust worthy shop. TIA
          - 92’ BMW 325i Vert MT2 S770A Appearance Package
          - 96’ Toyota Tacoma single cab 4x4 2.7L [DD]
          - 01’ Honda Shadow VLX 600 Custom Bobber
          IG| Eddiiemeister

Comment

LukeG Workshop, Roselle, Illinois. 798 likes · 49 were here. BMW is all we do and we do it well. We have a very solid team and we speak English, German, and Spanish. Contact us to set up an appointment!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiemeister View Post
              Hey fellas after looking at the DIY for the timing belt and water pump. I just don’t have the time or tools to tackle this by myself on a weekend. Can you guys recommend any shops in the Chicagoland area? Preferably someone you’ve gone to for similar repairs or a trust worthy shop. TIA
              If you are in the near West burbs, I had mine done by Bob at Chuck's Import in Darien, IL. I totally trust him when I haven't had the time to do the work myself, and have been taking our e30 there for the life of the car, which was my parents' starting in 1991, and my own starting in maybe 2002.

There's also a good guy at 'Pinnacle Automotive' in Woodridge, IL that I definitely trust.

I know there's also lots of other people around people will have suggestions for, I've heard of a few in the near South burbs. Good luck. Timing belt on this car isn't too bad compared to others I have done, but if you don't have the time or setup, definitely have a professional mechanic take care of this for you.

/joe
              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by phillipj View Post
                If you are in the near West burbs, I had mine done by Bob at Chuck's Import in Darien, IL. I totally trust him when I haven't had the time to do the work myself, and have been taking our e30 there for the life of the car, which was my parents' starting in 1991, and my own starting in maybe 2002.

There's also a good guy at 'Pinnacle Automotive' in Woodridge, IL that I definitely trust.

I know there's also lots of other people around people will have suggestions for, I've heard of a few in the near South burbs. Good luck. Timing belt on this car isn't too bad compared to others I have done, but if you don't have the time or setup, definitely have a professional mechanic take care of this for you.

/joe
                Thanks for that info guys! I’ll be contacting those shops in the following weeks and get some pricing.
                IG| Eddiiemeister

Comment

Anyone attending this event this weekend?https://www.facebook.com/events/697845060573610/?ti=icl
                  IG| Eddiiemeister

Comment

Well I guess that event in 2018 was a real conversation killer.

I just got my e30 in March, from a college friend. I’m in Logan Square near Parson’s and Solemn oath brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by dd313370 View Post
                      Well I guess that event in 2018 was a real conversation killer.

I just got my e30 in March, from a college friend. I’m in Logan Square near Parson’s and Solemn oath brewing.
                      the forums, specifically the regional subforums were dropping off pretty bad back then and still are rarely updated. I've since moved out of the chicagoland area but there are still plenty of e30 owners around. I think unless there's a big event, most people are just doing small cruises with friends every once in a while.
                      1989 JDM-Tech 2
                      2010 335 D for daily

Comment

I have been wondering if anyone is active in Chicago. I'm in Evanston.

Comment

I'm in Peoria...I haven't been on r3v in years. lol
                          - Sean Hayes

Comment

Working...
                          X