Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size flange do I have on my turbo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size flange do I have on my turbo???

I bought a hx35g that I thought was t4 exhaust flange size or whatever. It will not fit my TCD manifold and it is so frustrating to just find this out? The stud holes are 3.5 inches away from each other on the turbo, measuring from the center of one hole to the center of the other. T4 is 3.25 inches. So what the hell do I have?!?!?!?!?! Thank you for any help
    Last edited by e3irsty; 12-04-2014, 06:44 PM. Reason: misinterpreted my question

It's Magic!
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Thanks for the help lol. Already have done that haha a lot of that. Here's a picture of the turbo flange and the second picture is the manifold which is like every t4 3,25inches while the turbo is exactly 3,5 inches which I have not found anything like it. So confused

Comment

Looks awfully close to a T3. I think HX35's are usually T3 anyway?
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

A t3 is closer to that t4 than my turbo neither are t3. The turbo holes I am measuring in the top picture are wider than a t4 so I am lost. It makes no sense

Comment

edit: fuck what I said, I just saw that your flange measurements.

editedit: is it internal wastegate? What other info do you have on the turbo?
            Last edited by Jaxx_; 12-05-2014, 07:20 PM.
            '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
            NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
            Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

It's got an internal wastegate. Hx35g all I know really. Got it off ebay guy said pulled off a truck that was totaled there's no shaft play that's pretty much why I really got it

Also the picture makes the turbo flange look gigantic. Measuring the holes horizontally in those photos the measurements are the same. The flange on the turbo is just a little wider which fucks it all up

Comment

The bolts being 3.5" on center is similar to Holset's weird flange for their vgt turbo's. Check out the he431ve for sale on here:

3.5" on center. T4's are usually 3.25 like your manifold.
                There's probably an adapter from the cummins guys, but if you wanted to get DIY on it you could gasket match the housing and the collector, then clamp the turbo to the manifold and drill new mounting holes into the exhaust housing.

m20b27 Turbo. Hx35. Twinscroll Mani. MS1. 42lbers
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=338818

Comment

Originally posted by kistler#7 View Post
                  The bolts being 3.5" on center is similar to Holset's weird flange for their vgt turbo's. Check out the he431ve for sale on here:

3.5" on center. T4's are usually 3.25 like your manifold.
                  There's probably an adapter from the cummins guys, but if you wanted to get DIY on it you could gasket match the housing and the collector, then clamp the turbo to the manifold and drill new mounting holes into the exhaust housing.
                  Could you explain this clamping procedure a little more please. And that is great to hear. I'm glad I know more about what I have. Thank you very much

Comment

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MY TURBO IS!!!! exact same look, NOT T4 though I think that guy probably learned later on too lol

HX35G with 9cm housing on b230ft? There are a lot of people here running Holsets so maybe someone can give me a piece of advice. I am building volvo 2.3l 8v b230ft and want to have around 350hp on the flywheel since I will run stock bottom end at least in the beginning and use it for drifting...

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HX52-T4I-Hol...-/131321438275 found a flange to put my turbo on the manifold. Thanks again Kistler!

Comment

You bet. Man $100 for the plate though, I might just drill it out. And but clamping I meant once you grind the turbine inlet to match the manifold collector, line them up and clamp it together how it would be bolted. Then drill out the turbo flange for t4 bolt holes.
                        I haven't done this before, but that's how I would go about making it line up

m20b27 Turbo. Hx35. Twinscroll Mani. MS1. 42lbers
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=338818

Comment

Thanks again, I ordered it because I am fed up with getting this turbo on and that's the only spot I'm hung up on with this build then its pretty much plug and play haha definitely is a good idea though, my plan was just to use a stone and a dremel to grind the holes over more. Would've been a pain though, hopefully this helps someone else out in the future. Now on I am always measuring the flange first when I get a turbo

Comment

Working...
                          X