What manifold are you guys using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What manifold are you guys using?

Doing a turbo using an hx35. I have looking for manifold for a long time now. I thought about going tcd but it is not a top mount. Revshift ones are very costly, at least for me. The only one that would work and is a good quality one would be the 666 manifold adapter, but as we all know 666 closed down and to find one is pretty hard. (if anyone is selling one pm me)

Are there any other options? What do you guys use?

thanks.

I have had nothing less than an excellent experience with the 666 adapter.

Eric at Ink Fabrications has all the jiggs to make any piece of previous 666 hardware.
    Give him a call

Ink Fabrication
    428 North Harbor Street Branford, CT 06405
    (203) 631-6665
    Metal Fabricator
    -Greg
    90 325isT - 12.2 @ 120ish - Dyno Results
    b18c5 EG Coupέ - 13.5 @ 100ish - Dyno Results

Comment

Revshift also makes a variation of the 666 manifold. I'm not sure what their deal is though, they said they were going to start making manifolds again in the fall.......the one that started a few months ago. Seen a few comments from them that "they are still coming" but no time line.

I bought a crx one, its crap, I tried to make it halfway decent but I'm not big on putting junk on my car so I'm using it for dimensions and tossing it.

If you're on a budget....best thing to do is find a nicely built used one, anything sub $400 new is most likely garbage. It takes a lot of work, special equipment and skill to build a good manifold. That reflects in the price. you get what you pay for.
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Yeah probably will try to find a used one like you suggested.

Comment

I bought a cx racing 1st Gen turbo mani and I'm surprised it fit pretty good. Just going to get it reinforced and add a waste gate provision.

Comment

Also using first gen CXracing with no mods other than adding a 44mm WG port.
            Holding well for half a year.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Kamotors manifold are actually 250+ shipping. I know he uses cxracing ones but he test fits them so... I'm not sure if that's a decent deal?

Comment

External setup is 450. I guess

Comment

I'm gonna be making them soon .

Comment

Working...
                  X