Code 1222

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code 1222

Ok so today I did my first stomp test and got a code 1222 and I'm thinking vacuum leak or fuel pump here is a video below tell me you guys thoughts

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    91 318is "under construction"
    2007 328i - daily
    sigpic

Clogged fuel filter?
    Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

OP - Check Here: http://www.verrill.com/car/e30_faultcodes.shtml

1222 Lambda Control 1 This code is stored when the DME detects excessive deviations in the air-fuel mixture (too rich or too lean) for longer than 10 seconds. Possible causes: Fuel tank ran empty, Incorrect Fuel Pressure, Injector valve defective or coked, Engine Temperature Sensor defective, Secondary air leak, Fuel evaporation control system defective, Air Flow Meter defective and/or the combustion is being disturbed by mechanical failure (Spark plugs, compression, intake/exhaust valves, ...etc.)

I'd check for vacuum leaks first, clogged fuel filter second, then check sparkplugs, FPR, and fuel rail next. If all those are good, then it is a good possibility that the fuel pump is bad. You can check part numbers on Realoem.com and then hit up Blunttech.com for great prices.

I recently resolved this code and it was a clogged line.

Comment

I forgot to add I just did a new fuel filter, plug wire and sparks, air filter and clean ICV I do know I have exchaust leak. It was parked for years also I drain old fuel when replacing new fuel filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2007 328i - daily
        sigpic

Comment

I'd take out the fuel pump and look inside the gas tank - could be full of rust.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
            I'd take out the fuel pump and look inside the gas tank - could be full of rust.

Will try to do overweekend
            2007 328i - daily
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sketchkid View Post
              Will try to do overweekend
              Remember: No smoking.

Comment

lol yea naw i don't smoke
                2007 328i - daily
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
                  I'll bet a dollar to a donut that it's your fuel pump/clogged fuel filter. Mine did the same exact thing and when I swapped the fuel pump with a Walboro unit it now runs like a top.

Comment

Working...
                  X