Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to NJ worried about passing emissions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to NJ worried about passing emissions?

Hey I am hoping this is the right place to post this. Next summer my family and I are moving back to New Jersey (where were all from). Currently I live in Kentucky and I have never had to deal with having to have my car inspected/pass anything. I was planning on replacing my exhaust and doing a cat delete fairly soon. My question is how are the inspections? Do i need a cat to pass? Are their exceptions for older cars I have a 87 325e? Any info would be appreciated. I am trying to plan for this move.
    Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
    1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

You have an 87 so it's considered historic. I just registered my 87 325is and no longer need to go through inspection or emissions. Application is here:

Then just two photos (I put 3, included an engine bay shot), $44 check, and a copy of your title and you're good to go. And free renewal every 3 years

Regular registration inspection - def get a cat or know someone

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks. Answered my question perfectly.
      Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
      1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

The people who inspect your car @ the Rahway MV could give a shit less and are cool or can't count the # of yonder in your car and fail you.

failed on a vr6 swap and the guy,confused as can we be b/c the swap. while looking under the hood asked me how many cylinders it has(while 6 red wires ran across the whole engine). Then asked where the cat was and I pointed to the heat shield(got 'em again!)

Then he failed me out of frustration for a bad gas cap lmao. Almost made it thru
        BMWfanaticVR6addict
        8 e30s - 1 e36 m3 - 3 corrado vr6s - 1 mk2 vr6 - 1 735il - 1 525i - 1 miata
        (the following have been sold, crashed, stolen or parted)

Comment

Working...
        X