Bosch Micro Edge wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Micro Edge wipers

They're horrible. First day worked fine, second day and it's chattering bad. Seems like the rubber is too soft or it can't handle the wiper arm pressure. There is a greasy black substance on the windshield now, possibly from the wipers disintegrating. Had some goofy looking (way too tall) Goodyear blades on from PO a year back, the ones Costco sell.

They grip the windshield instead of gliding, sounds like it's really stressing the motor out. Polished the windshield a few times with some cerium oxide and a drill, made a big difference in clarity, can still see some etches left in the glass though. Will report tomorrow when I get a chance to test them in the rain.

RIP 02/25/15
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

I'd contact bosch. They have pretty good customer service and I'm sure they'd help you out. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

They've improved after the polishing, going to apply a coat of Klasse AIO too. Got them for wholesale so not upset about the price. Upsetting that I've used the cheapest Supertech Walmart blades as well as Bosch, but their higher series wiper gives me issues.

Did some reading and I guess the soot diesels leave on the roads can cause the grime I was seeing. First rain we had in some time and I did all highway driving so maybe that's what it was.

We're getting some more rain next weekend, if these are still giving me issues I'll try some Valeo wipers next.

Update: They worked after polishing the glass but I couldn't see shit since the water wasn't beading. Applied Rain-x and they're sticking to the glass. Threw the Bosch away, slapped on the cheapest Walmart wiper blades, and problem solved!!
      Last edited by THEhomelessONE; 12-06-2014, 08:49 PM.

RIP 02/25/15
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...16#post4356816

Comment

Im glad some one else has these issues! I was done with it they constantly chattered after about the first 2 wipes cleaned them several times. Went in to auto-zone bought some duralast wipers problem solved.
        Bmw CCA # 490080

1995 525iA RIP
        1987 325e Cirrusblau-Metallic/Pacific Blue (Daily)

DSC_1725 by Matthew Johnson, on Flickr

Comment

It is a common problem, it is the angle of the blade to glass is to steep. A quick twist of the wiper arm to correct the angle is all it needs.

example of fixing - https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...tter+fix+angle
          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
          4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

f dat use rain-x and wipe edge of blade with rain-x towel.... game set match

Comment

rain-x is terrible. it leaves a build up of silicone on your windshield, that overtime builds up and is nearly impossible to remove. plus it only lasts like a week before you have to reapply it again.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nope.. I get 3 -6 months per application. No build up here.

dlm

Comment

I have the same ones on my E46. They are dogshit as well.
                  1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                  2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                  2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Check the angle of attack, I bet they are tilted into the direction of chatter. a little tweak of the arm and it should stop.

It is a common problem, i have seen many upsales of new wipers at the dealer that all it really needed was the tweak but they got new wipers AND the adjustment so the new ones didn't chatteras well.
                    My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Any info available on how to make the adjustment????

Comment

I can't say I've had any issues with these blades, but I do recall having tweaked at least one of my wiper arms years ago. After I did that beam style blades would squeak when used with light rain and would annoy the hell out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ruff561 View Post
                          Any info available on how to make the adjustment????
                          here is the official way - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=21

but basically just give the arm a twist opposite way of the chatter
                          My M20 Frankenbuild(s)

Comment

Working...
                          X