bmw m20 turbo in the 11 seconds???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
    you're going to want to drop in some different axles as well.
    ill disagree with this. unless your dropping clutches or welding your diff you wont need axles yet.

Comment

Torque breaks things not HP specially when you are trying to take off hard to beat a certain time. Although not sure what a 2.7 can make..

Comment

Originally posted by fastboy559 View Post
        And a good turbo manifold
        i cant find any i am between cxracing or tcd manifold??

Comment

Originally posted by euro2fast4u View Post
          ill disagree with this. unless your dropping clutches or welding your diff you wont need axles yet.
          so stock one can hold??

Comment

I don't think, if you want to go low 11s i'm pretty sure you're going to need ~+450hp and decent torque, which may damage your axles if not the first time, second ..

Both cxracing and TCD are shit,

if it's a drag race car you should put in max quality parts ..

M20B28 Turbo

My Build Thread

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=255839

Comment

Originally posted by sayed ali View Post
              I don't think, if you want to go low 11s i'm pretty sure you're going to need ~+450hp and decent torque, which may damage your axles if not the first time, second ..

Both cxracing and TCD are shit,

if it's a drag race car you should put in max quality parts ..
              i wanna se "high" 11s in slicks

Comment

people a custom equal lenght manifold will do the trick???

Comment

yes, be patient, there are some quality m20 manifolds being designed that are lurking in the shadows, you'll likely see a decent selection by mid year.

And you WILL break your axles. I've seen it first had on a car taht pushes about 400 and runs 255 RS3s. Catuned sells what seems to be some pretty beefy axles for about the same price as what new stock ones would run. I know a few guys that have beat the piss out of them with no complaints.
                  sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                    Maybe. It's tough to get a good short time with IRS. Watched a 2100lb turbo e30 with 357whp go 12.3 with a 2.0 60' on 10" slicks.
                    What ride height?
                    Anti-squat on the semi-trailing arms is bad stock and gets worse as the car is lowered. Camber/toe kits don't help that.

Comment

Originally posted by euro2fast4u View Post
                      Depending on how big and sticky your tires are comes into play too, blew a stock axle up on 255 rs3s on a warm day.

Comment

this ones look interesting http://www.catuned.com/e30-bmw-325i3...hromolly-axles

Comment

Originally posted by bmwgt123 View Post
                          eta crank,rod,pistons ,i head and vac turbo cam
                          Eta crank is cast iron - no good, better of with forged crank from diesel m21d24. Stock rods - nothing good as well, better of with cheapest forged ebay rods from china. Pistons must be SuperEta (compound shape like b25) to work with 885 head properly.

For strong rear end adapt e34 rear, you will be needing 210mm diff anyway.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
                          My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Originally posted by raudonis View Post
                            Eta crank is cast iron - no good, better of with forged crank from diesel m21d24. Stock rods - nothing good as well, better of with cheapest forged ebay rods from china. Pistons must be SuperEta (compound shape like b25) to work with 885 head properly.

For strong rear end adapt e34 rear, you will be needing 210mm diff anyway.

i have seen several people matching eta pistons with "i" head

Comment

People do it all the time and always get mediocre results. Use 731 head if you insist on keeping flat top pistons.

My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

Anyone that would suggest a forged Chinese rod over something stock holds no credibility in my book. At least with oem you know what your getting.
                                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                                X