X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remus vs Stromung - Which is quieter?

Anyone have experience with these two?
    If so, how do you like it?

Looking for something similar to stock in sound noise, but with nice build quality.

thanks in advance
    If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Stan, what motor?

I have had a Remus on my m20 mtech cab, and a stromung on my s14.

Different motors, so the sounds will differ, but imo there is no better for the M20 than the Remus. Not overly loud, good rumble, no drone. Heavenly through the cassiar with the top down. It even burbled at times on the overrun.
    The stromung on the s14 was nicest at cruise, got loud when you got on it. Also no drone. Got much louder as the miles went up.

I have a stromung now on my z4mcoupe, and its a great fit for the s54.
    Originally posted by codyep3
    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
    2010 F650gs twin
    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Both are awesome sounding. I would not say they are anywhere similar to stock muffler sound. Remus is lightly louder than stromung at high speeds but not as loud as supersprint which was the loudest of the 3 i have had on my car (M20).
      Now is a good time to grab stromung with that groupbuy happening.
      » PARTS FOR SALE
      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Oh Sorry Todd, I forgot to add that it's just a stock M20.

I'm kinda thinking the Stromung mostly with the group buy. But even at that rate, I can get a Remus for close to the same price from their site directly.

Only part I don't care for are the tips on the Remus. I don't want something showy that will take away from the OEM look of my e30. As for the noise, as long as there's no drone I can live with that. Some "hooliganism" at the right times can be tolerated, especially since I sold my SV650S last fall.

Todd, how many miles did you have on your Stromung before it started getting louder? Was it "fart can" loud/annoying? or still acceptable?

thanks again for the info so far gents!

Comment

I sold the car with it, and I only put about 2000 miles on it. It got louder within 500 miles I would say.

Keep in mind, that was on the M3, so it will be different. It was a higher pitched sound compared to the Remus. The Remus may have been louder, but it was a deeper sound if you know what I mean.

No fart can, but on long drives it got a bit too much for me. I am an old fart now so your results may be different.
          Originally posted by codyep3
          I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
          2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
          1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
          1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
          2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
          2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
          2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
          2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
          2010 F650gs twin
          2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Hmm makes sense.

I don't blame you for feeling it was a bit much. I am also not 20 anymore, so a loud exhaust would certainly bother me too!

Last Sept we had a 2019 Mustang GT 'vert with the 5.0 for a weekend.
            Despite being all stock, the exhaust was REALLY annoying after a while. By the time I handed back the keys, I was happy to get back to the Lexus.

Only reasons why I am hesitant on the Remus is 1. Because of the group buy on the Stromung, 2. a thread I read a while ago outlining how someone wanted to ditch their Remus for something more stock and 3. Because I don't want something too "showy". The car is ultra conservative with only one or two "mods" that are easily changed back to stock. I'd like to keep it that way for the sake of possibly selling it (and also getting a Z4M coupe ;))

thanks again

Comment

I have both the Stromung and Remus on two convertibles with stock m20's and the stromung is louder and has more drone. I thought about getting a resonator for the e30 with the Stromung to quiet it a bit.

Comment

Remus/M20 on my red car. Very happy with it at all speeds/RPMs. Not any louder than stock on the highway.

It's a cat-back, so it can very easily go back to stock if needed.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by TC Baur MD View Post
                  I have both the Stromung and Remus on two convertibles with stock m20's and the stromung is louder and has more drone. I thought about getting a resonator for the e30 with the Stromung to quiet it a bit.
                  Considering my cat is rotting exponentially, I'm thinking of getting a 2 in 2 out resonator to keep the M20 exhaust quiet and flowing similar to stock.

Do most install these with nothing but the performance muffler?
                  If so, I can understand why they are loud. Esp after the cat has been deleted.

Comment

I have a Stromung on my cabrio which I grabbed slightly used for a very fair price. While I don't consider myself to be an old fart (although I'm sure, if there was a technical def I would be one), I'm also not fond of loud or showy exhausts. First time out I was anxious cause I did feel it was louder than I wanted. In hindsight it was probably just the contrast to my OE exhaust that made me feel that way since either it mellowed or I did, but today I totally love it. It's not loud (at least from behind the wheel) and although I'm too far away to take the Cassiar Challenge, I do luv me some underpass :)
                    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                    Alice the Time Capsule
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                      I have a Stromung on my cabrio which I grabbed slightly used for a very fair price. While I don't consider myself to be an old fart (although I'm sure, if there was a technical def I would be one), I'm also not fond of loud or showy exhausts. First time out I was anxious cause I did feel it was louder than I wanted. In hindsight it was probably just the contrast to my OE exhaust that made me feel that way since either it mellowed or I did, but today I totally love it. It's not loud (at least from behind the wheel) and although I'm too far away to take the Cassiar Challenge, I do luv me some underpass :)
                      Thanks for the response!

Are you running a cat or resonator in your exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        Thanks for the response!

Are you running a cat or resonator in your exhaust?
                        I just dropped the cat back so I'm completely stock from the cat forward atm. I do have an RD header though that's about to get ceramikoted and swapped for the stock manifold and downpipe (keeping the cat).
                        Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                        Alice the Time Capsule
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                        87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Working...
                        X