E30 remote start help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 remote start help!

So assuming I have everything else wired up correct (I believe I do), can someone tell me what wires on the ignition need to be hooked up to what wires on the DEI unit? Two pics in links below:

Image E3 DA68 FD D402 4422 A484 55 C68 AF5 A237 hosted in ImgBB

Image BB86 F07 A 5932 46 F1 AC88 0 FACE2729989 hosted in ImgBB

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Looking for some assistance here. I have this unit wired up and am getting the following symptoms:

- Upon long button press, I'm getting multiple beeps and a green light on my remote
    - I hear a click in the main unit and see a temporary spike in voltage on my accessory wire
    - I get no ignition/crank, followed by 4 double-beeps on the remote

Using a voltmeter, I've narrowed my car-side wiring to the following:

Red - 12v constant
    Violet - see's 12v when key in accessory position
    Green - see's 12v when key in ignition position
    Green/Grey - also see's 12v when key in ignition position - apparently this is the rear defogger
    Black - Starter

Viper wiring states the following:

Red - 12v constant
    Pink - Output to ignition
    Purple - Output to starter
    Orange - Output to accessory
    Red - 12v constant
    Pink/White - Programmable output for accessory or ignition

My wiring:

- Red from car tied into BOTH Red's on Viper
    - Violet from car tied into Orange on Viper
    - Green from car tied into Pink on Viper
    - Black from car tied into Purple on Viper
    - Green/Violet from car not used
    - Pink/White from viper not used

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Paul-Z; 10-03-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I know my car has an ignition advance relay under the hood. When I use the key, I hear this relay click. When using the remote start it doesn't.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with my problem?

Comment

Still no luck here guys. Anyone??

Comment

Here, find the ETM for your car:
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Did you cut the starter wire on the car? have to ends?
            Assuming you did since you said

Did you forget to connect to the alarm to the brake? There should be a cable that needs to tap into brake wire. <--this might be your issue
            Last edited by eLKuRLy; 10-05-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eLKuRLy View Post
              Did you cut the starter wire on the car? have to ends?
              Assuming you did since you said

Did you forget to connect to the alarm to the brake? There should be a cable that needs to tap into brake wire. <--this might be your issue
              Brake wire is hooked up correctly.

I didn’t cut the starter wire...maybe that’s my problem?

So I should cut the black starter wire and hook up pink to the key side of the black wire and purple to the car side of the same wire?

Comment

I found this info: (https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=282127)

1. RED/WHITE (-) 200mA trunk release output --> Your new trunk solenoid should have fused power according to install manual recommendations. This output drives the negative wire of the trunk solenoid so it opens up. 200ma should be enough, if not, you will need to use a relay.
                4. WHITE/BROWN light flash isolation wire - PIN 87a of onboard relay --> If your parking lights do not work, try sending 12 volts to this wire. It might not be needed. Check manual diagram for this.
                7. BLUE (-) trunk pin / instant trigger input --> instant trigger for alarm, connect to trunk light. This will make alarm trip when someone pry's the trunk open.
                8. GREEN (-) door trigger input --> Connect to door pin switch. Double check both the passenger and drivers door trigger this wire. If not connected, someone can open your doors without alarm triggering.
                1. PINK(+) ignition 1 input/output --> Connect the ignition source.
                4. VIOLET(+) starter output (car side of starter kill) --> Cut starter cable in half at ignition switch. This side connects to starter side.
                5. GREEN(+) starter input (key side of starter kill) --> This is the other side of starter cables you cut, to tell if this is the right side, try to start the car with the wire cut. The key side will show 12 volts during cranking, the starter side will not show any voltage because its cut.
                6.RED(+) fused (30a) ignition 1 input --> connect to ignition source.
                7.PINK/WHITE(+) Ignition 2/ flex relay output --> not needed.
                8. PINK/BLACK(+) flex relay input 87a keyside (if required) of Flex relay --> dont think you need this, double check manual. You might need it.
                9. RED/BLACK(+) fused (30a) accessory/starter input --> connect to accessory source at ignition switch.
                1. BLACK/WHITE (-)neutral safety switch input --> This wire must have a ground connection to enable remote starter. Use a toggle switch with other side connected to ground to enable/disable remote start. Or connect to Ebrake if ebrake uses negative trigger. If it uses positive trigger, use relay to reverse polarity.
                2. VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE --> You need tach input so the remote start knows the car is running. it can be found at diagnostic connector, cluster, or ECM. The color is solid black. Its in the blue connector behind cluster, easier to grab it there.
                3. BROWN (+) brake shutdown input wire. Connect to wire that shows 12 volts when brake pedal is pressed, should be easy to find.
                4. GRAY N/O or N/C (-) HOOD pin switch input. Connect to a hood pin switch or install one. This triggers alarm is someone prys your hood open

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                  Here, find the ETM for your car:
                  http://www.wedophones.com/BMWManualsLead.htm
                  This PDF has all your answers. All of them.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Can you post what remote start system you bought? I've seen simple lock/unlock systems for under $20 so I've been hoping to find something in the same price range w/ remote start.

Comment

Working...
                    X